Author Topic: Amino Acid Complex?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Amino Acid Complex?
« on: March 28, 2013, 01:28:27 AM »
Hello all.

I have been playing with the idea of adding an amino acid complex to Amber's food, but I had some problems finding one that wasn't soy based and didn't have a lot of nasty additives. I've found one:

http://www.earthturns.com/Whey-Protein-Powder-p/fe-p-protein-whey-32.htm

This is the site I get my other supplements from. Its pure whey protein, no additives, and it appears to have large amount of every essential amino acid except taurine, which I am already adding. It is also made in the USA, like all the supplements I give her.

Thoughts, anyone?

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Amino Acid Complex?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 12:47:38 AM »
I'm SURE a raw feeder will be along shortly....   8)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 07:36:53 AM »
What's it for? I mean, what purpose in giving it to Amber? I would be concerned with the phosphurous calcium ratios, using something like that. Feeding a raw diet, the cat should be getting the amino acids she needs in the meat already?

However I am no expert. You want me to ask over in the raw forum for you, or are you a member there already?

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 04:09:21 AM »
Part of it is the whole, we don't know what is destroyed by grinding freezing thing. If we need to supplement taurine, who is to say the other amino acids don't need a boost too?

Also, when I get a hedgehog (which is looking like it will be a very long time from now), its food will need to be cooked, so I would be more comfortable feeding cooked meat if I could add the amino acids back.

As far as the ca/ph ratio, it looks to be about 1.6 to 1, which is easily corrected by feeding some extra boneless meat.

I am not yet a member of the raw forum.

Tags: