Cats > Cat Food And Nutrition

Soft Stools and/or Hard Stools

(1/4) > >>

Lola:
Is there something I can give my bunch that would help the cats that need help, but do nothing for the ones that don't need any help? 

Pookie:

--- Quote from: Lola on November 17, 2016, 09:04:23 AM ---Is there something I can give my bunch that would help the cats that need help, but do nothing for the ones that don't need any help? 

--- End quote ---

Nothing comes to mind.   :(  It sounds like some need more/less bone than others, but I'm not sure how you would work that in since you feed ground.   :-\  Unless you give, say, a chicken wingette to those who have the soft stools.

I can't remember . . . were you also using the Vet's Best?  Or, as the brain slowly engages, you were using it but stopped because it was causing problems?

The only thing I can think of, but I really don't like to suggest is, is add a little psyllium powder to the food of the ones that have soft stools.  The problem with that is they also need a LOT of moisture with the food, because psyllium absorbs water, and you don't need their stool going to the other extreme.

Middle Child:
Increase probiotic, or add s.boulardii, for the ones with soft.

I'd go with adding s.boulardii actually.

SEB is an option also.

Lola:
My problem is not always knowing WHO is having hard or soft stools.  Also can't seem to narrow down any possible issues caused by a specific protein and/or meat source.  I also can find hard little pebble poop and very soft poo in litter boxes... the same day!  There are so many variables...  *sigh* 

I only used VB as an incentive to try something new.  I stopped all use of it quite a while ago, when they made changes... and the cats barfed it.

I don't remember what SEB stands for. 

Middle Child:
Slippery Elm Bark.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version