Author Topic: The Barbaric Procedure Your Dog Should Never Have to Endure  (Read 758 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
The Barbaric Procedure Your Dog Should Never Have to Endure
« on: March 02, 2018, 03:05:39 PM »
Story at-a-glance

The New York State Assembly recently approved legislation that would outlaw “convenience” devocalization (“debarking”) procedures on dogs and cats. The bill would make such procedures a class B misdemeanor, and impose jail time or fines on violators

Only three other US states, Massachusetts, Maryland, and New Jersey, have passed similar laws

Devocalization is a surgery that involves cutting or removing an animal’s vocal cords. It is done primarily on dogs, and can cause irreversible health problems, including chronic coughing, gagging, and breathing difficulties

Excessive vocalization can be effectively managed by addressing the root cause and making appropriate environmental and lifestyle changes

Read more at: https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2015/07/02/dogs-cats-convenience-devocalization.aspx
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: The Barbaric Procedure Your Dog Should Never Have to Endure
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 04:00:37 PM »
It really is disgusting, the things vets will do for money. I hope it passes the senate too.

And I hope our Declaw bill gets through this year, too.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: The Barbaric Procedure Your Dog Should Never Have to Endure
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:48:18 PM »
I just can't imagine...
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: