Author Topic: I know I've said things about GMOs before....but question for MO  (Read 852 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Last night someone posted this link in Twitter. I know they're fussing about the effects on humans; but after this, I'm STILL wondering, even more, if it's not something that's poisoning a lot of pets.

The info in the video here bothers me even more than in the past: http://intellectualcenter.blogspot.com/2013/01/gmo-virus-silent-killer-interview-with.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The problem I see most with these GMOs is that companies are making more and more of them to replace the heirloom seeds so many of us grew up eating. More and more people are developing life-threatening, incurable diseases--and so are the animals that we all live among.

I just can't help but think that these frankenfoods have something to do with it. How much has anyone else been able to find out about them?

Have you had any serious discussions in your classes, MO?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:45:23 AM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Re: I know I've said things about GMOs before....but question for MO
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 10:13:37 PM »
We haven't talked about anything re: GMO's in class.  All it is (seriously!) is how great Purina and Hills are and why Doh1

However, I personally think that GMO's are likely the cause of a lot of problems.  If they are known (or at least, most likely) to cause multiple health issues in humans - it can only be worse for animals that shouldn't be eating plants to begin with. 

Tags: