Author Topic: For those of you using IE...  (Read 837 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
For those of you using IE...
« on: April 30, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »
http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-tells-ie-users-how-to-defend-against-zero-day-bug/?tag=nl.e703&s_cid=e703&ttag=e703&ftag=CAD090e536

Microsoft has yet to patch its latest critical Internet Explorer zero-day security flaw, but an advisory about the bug now offers two temporary solutions.

Updated on Monday, Microsoft Security Advisory 2963983 offers new information about the new zero-day vulnerability that affects all versions of Internet Explorer. The flaw could allow remote code execution and has already been used in "limited, targeted attacks," Microsoft revealed, though those attacks have so far affected only IE versions 9, 10, and 11.

Personally, we're just not using IE in this house. We're using Chrome or Firefox exclusively for the time being.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: For those of you using IE...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 04:20:17 PM »
I haven't used IE in years.  I have to use it at work, but I only do work stuff.  EVERYTHING else is blocked. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: