Author Topic: Article - Kittybiome Project  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Article - Kittybiome Project
« on: September 30, 2015, 10:20:33 PM »
Interesting.  I'd love to hear what the differences are between raw-fed cats and non-raw fed cats.

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2015/09/24/kittybiome-project.aspx

And reading this makes me wonder . . . there's an emerging treatment for humans with c. diff., a bacteria that can be picked up in hospitals and it can be difficult to wipe it out.  The emerging treatment, gross as it sounds, is to put the stool of a healthy person (who doesn't have c. diff.) into a capsule and the patient swallows it, in order to re-populate the gut with good bacteria/flora.  So as my weird mind read this article, I wondered . . . if you can make a pill for a cat that contains the stool of, say, a tiger from a zoo, would it help cats with IBD?  That's assuming, of course, that the bacteria for both the tiger and smaller cats are very similar.

It would also be interesting to compare the stool of bigger cats (e.g. lions, tigers, bobcats, etc.) with the stool of raw-fed domestic cats, to see how similar they are (not).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 10:24:42 PM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Article - Kittybiome Project
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:13:18 AM »
 thumbsup1

Pookie, (and anyone else) I need some help Tweeting this coming week if possible. It sure would be great if you could find more articles while my son is here!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: