Author Topic: Warning About H3N2 Canine Flu Subtype and Cats  (Read 969 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Warning About H3N2 Canine Flu Subtype and Cats
« on: June 26, 2017, 10:23:49 AM »
I know I've been warning about keeping your dogs away from others if you live here in the south, but now it's up north. Additionally, there's a warning about cats and H3N2. I haven't got a clue about how bad this subtype might be to cats, but they're a lot smaller, and I imagine if they got pneumonia secondary to this flu, they might be a lot more delicate and unable to fight it. I just don't know. I DO know that the type of pneumonia dogs get from this flu has been fatal.

“If your dog is ill, keep it away from other dogs,” says the Baker Institute. “As a precautionary measure, it would be best to keep your dog away from cats as well.” The subtype of H3N2 in the Chicago outbreak has been found to cause illness in cats.

Read more at: http://www.14850.com/06234177-dog-influenza-elmira/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: