Author Topic: What on earth is WRONG with this horrible woman?  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
What on earth is WRONG with this horrible woman?
« on: January 13, 2016, 05:07:42 PM »
Warning, this is a nasty person roughly grooming a compliant short haired cat. (though she titles it "grooming a difficult cat")  Once he is bald, another nasty woman comes over and freaking draws on his sensitive bare skin with markers.  This is part of some "Groom TV" web series, not an individual posting her abuse of animals.  In otherwords, someone out there thinks this is okay.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: What on earth is WRONG with this horrible woman?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »
Vlad would flip out if I took clippers to him that fast and rough. I quit watching this psycho lady at 7:15. All I can see is the razor burn that poor kitty is going to have after having those clippers run backwards against the growth at such speed. When I have to go backwards in a couple of spots on Vlad, I'm supposed to do it slooooooooooowly and carefully. That woman is being anything BUT slow and careful!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 10:56:33 PM »
I'm not going to watch, but based on what's been posted, here's to hoping that someone reports these people for animal cruelty.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 04:03:20 PM »
Did I miss the reason for shaving him? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 05:58:50 PM »
No reason was given. My opinion was, it was done so she could have a video on the web series.  Can you imagine, putting those markers on that cat's skin?  Cats have such sensitive systems, not just the skin itself (especially after being shaved for crying out loud) but that cat is going to try to wash that marker off.  They have no idea what that stuff will do to that cat's kidneys.  Anything that goes on a cat, goes in a cat.

It's downright criminal, what those nasty women are doing.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 08:55:44 AM »
I am totally stunned how well that cat went along with it all!!!  I can't imagine shaving a cat...especially for no logical (IMHO) reason. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 08:34:48 PM »
I forced myself to watch until she got to his tail.

No reason to clip that poor cat, other than this fool's desire to make a video, and some stupid owner who thought a lion cut would be cool (and on a short-haired cat, no less). 

I kept hoping the cat would rip her face off.  "Difficult cat," indeed.  That cat had the patience of a saint.   

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »
I'm still wondering if cats aren't like dogs where their coats are designed to both warm AND cool their bodies. I cringe when I see people shaving dogs like Golden Retrievers. They're just messing up those types of dogs' ability to self-cool in the summer. I really wonder if cats aren't the same.

I dunno. Maybe different coated cats have different requirements the way different-coated dogs do, but I'd NEVER shave Barkly. You sure don't see shaved cats in cat shows. Plus, it's harder to clean up after them if you've just got short hairs to clean up--the longer the hair, the easier it is to see and less likely it is to completely embed itself into carpets, etc. I've heard too many people say that they thought their dog would quit shedding if they shaved it, but it didn't work.

If a dog is a shedding dog, then it's going to shed no matter the length of the coat, and I'm sure cats have to be the same too. At least I've never heard of a non-shedding cat unless they're naturally naked.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: