Author Topic: Dog beards without infections. . .  (Read 777 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Dog beards without infections. . .
« on: December 12, 2015, 05:57:04 PM »
So, because of something that was in a BRT grooming group, I'm going to post this info here. A lot of people don't realize what is necessary to keep a dog's skin healthy if they've got a beard.

I can't stress enough AT ALL about how important it is to keep their beards clean so that they don't get skin infections around their face and lips! Honestly, if you're not going to keep their beards clean, then cut them, because a dirty beard isn't going to be healthy for them--or you actually since dirty beards carry all kinds of germs.

There are a lot of products you can get to keep their beards clean, but a natural, human solution is the easiest. This is for the human male, but it works the same for dogs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/beards/comments/1oux5z/baking_soda_and_vinegar_rinse_makes_my_beard_happy/

Just do it, or cut it off.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Dog beards without infections. . .
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 09:37:15 PM »
Intersting! I never thought about it before, thanks!

Tags: