Author Topic: "Unapproved/Approved" manufacture list from a pet product supplier  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Found this interesting web site from a pet food supplier, it gives a list of all the pet food they will not sell, and the reasons why. Then you can click on alink to see the products and foods they do sell.
I found it interesting anyhow, learned a few things, but I dont agree with all of it. For instance they said Orijen was one of the better dry foods.  :-\ Now im not sure when this web site was written, but did they miss the whole things about all those cats dying in Australia from this food becuase of the packaging (irridation). Also this food has a lot of fish ingredients, plus I remember when I used to feed dry I had to take it back because there was a recall because of the bones in the kibble. bangshead

http://animalnature.net/unnaproved-product-and-maufacturere-listing.html
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: "Unapproved/Approved" manufacture list from a pet product supplier
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 12:24:39 AM »
For instance they said Orijen was one of the better dry foods.  :-\ Now im not sure when this web site was written, but did they miss the whole things about all those cats dying in Australia from this food becuase of the packaging (irridation). Also this food has a lot of fish ingredients, plus I remember when I used to feed dry I had to take it back because there was a recall because of the bones in the kibble. bangshead

Orijen is one that finally that made me figure out Barkly didn't like strong-fishy foods. The smell actually just about knocked me down to tell the truth. Smelled like a stale fish-boat. But I put the bowl down and he gave "that look" but left the kitchen at a trot like he couldn't wait to get away.

I kind of like the way they at least state their opinions of why though--a lot of places won't state personal opinions at all.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 12:26:06 AM »
I saw that posted on another forum.  Kept meaning to bring the info back here.  Well.... you know how THAT goes at times.  lol  Thanks Shadow.  :)

Like you... I found it interesting.  Didn't agree with everything said, but I have certainly seen a whole lot worse! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 11:05:26 PM »
Good site.

The Orijen thing was NOT the company's fault. The foods were irradiated by customs after it was shipped. The company itself had nothing to do with that.

Tags: