Author Topic: Lawsuits against Mars Petcare and Nestle Purina  (Read 1753 times)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Lawsuits against Mars Petcare and Nestle Purina
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »
You know, I found out when we took the boys to that casting call that Mars Pets has a GINORMOUS office building complex in Franklin, TN. I had NO idea I was so close to their Bainfield-is-a-bane-on-doggie-health-with-their-over-vaccination-drone's brain-rulers.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Lawsuits against Mars Petcare and Nestle Purina
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 02:55:54 PM »
A snip of the two lawsuits:

A lawsuit was filed against Mars Petcare in August 2012.  Court documents claim railcars bringing raw ingredients (“grain, bonemeal, and other organic materials”) into the plant “were not properly cleared of the dangerous fumigants containing Phosphine (PH3) gas before turning those railcars over to Mars.  Those dangerous gases were allowed to accumulate and disburse into the Mars plant at unsafe levels.”

Jerky Treat Lawsuit Continues
A post on Bloomberg Business Week tells us that Nestle Purina tried to dismiss a lawsuit against the company regarding Waggin’ Train jerky treats – and Purina lost that effort.  The lawsuit will continue.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: