Author Topic: Waltham Pocketbook...  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Waltham Pocketbook...
« on: February 03, 2014, 10:50:18 PM »
of essential nutrition for cats and dogs:
http://www.waltham.com/dyn/_assets/_pdfs/waltham-booklets/Essentialcatanddognutritionbookletelectronicversion.pdf

If you can ignore the blatant propaganda (its published by Mars, afterall) it contains some interesting information about certain necessary nutrients, their common sources, and symptoms of deficiency or excess. Just skip the first 8 pages and ignore page 57

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Waltham Pocketbook...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 10:59:29 PM »
:-* Thank you SO much, Amber!!! HeadButt
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »
If you can ignore the blatant propaganda (its published by Mars, afterall) it contains some interesting information about certain necessary nutrients, their common sources, and symptoms of deficiency or excess. Just skip the first 8 pages and ignore page 57

thumbsup1 thumbsup1
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 08:19:36 PM »
At first I thought, "64 pages?!  That's what they call a 'booklet'?  oy!" ...
But then I got started on it, and it wasn't really too bad.  Fairly quick read.    readgif
Most of the info is stuff I've "come across" in bits and pieces through the years.  So, it's nice to have it all in one source.   thumbsup1
I find it very amusing that in almost every nutrient source profile some kind of meat is usually listed... even in the ones that list grains and soy.   ;)
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Tags: