Author Topic: Free Box of Petbrosia Pet Food  (Read 3582 times)

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
Free Box of Petbrosia Pet Food
« on: September 18, 2013, 02:39:35 PM »
I just got a code in my email for a free 10 pound box of pet food from Petbrosia.com if anyone is interested. It's only good for the first 100 people who order and is only good for new customers. I paid $4.50 for shipping. Here's the directions on ordering copied from the email and the free code -

-Go to Petbrosia.com, create an account, and fill out your pet’s profile
-At check-out enter the Promotional Code:  ECNFREE (Don’t forget to write down the code before you leave this page)
-Offer only valid for NEW Petbrosia Pet Parents.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Free Box of Petbrosia Pet Food
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »
Thank you. I was going to order it for my son to try with his Sarge, but then I saw it had rice in it. He won't feed grains.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 06:49:33 PM »
Ah Well, too bad it didn't work out :( Is a nice deal though. I wish the company had more options. Maybe in the future.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 07:39:01 PM »
He was 15 when Dannyboy started having all of those awful food-allergy/sensitivity issues. I think he thought we were going to lose Dannyboy when he got at the sickest point. It affected his life just as much as ours, if not more. Then when he got Sharkly, the first Corgi, Sharks was fed grain-free by default. I think he feeds Sarge grain-free out of fear--of course I have that fear too, so it might have rubbed off.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 08:49:36 PM »
Well, that's reasonable.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »
I entered some random info, so I could see exactly what the ingredients are.  This is what I got:

Deboned Chicken*, Brown Rice, Chicken Meal, Potato Powder, Pea Starch, Pea Protein, Dried Cooked Chick Peas, Dried Cooked Navy Beans, Sweet Potato, Dried Egg Product, Chicken Fat, Dicalcium Phosphate, Natural Chicken Flavor, Sun Cured Alfalfa, Menhaden Fish Oil, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Carrots, Natural Antioxidant, Blueberries, Dried Kelp, Cranberries, Dried Apple, Chicory Root (prebiotic), Chondroitin, Glucosamine, Taurine, Chelated Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Calcium Cabronate, Iron Proteinate, Potassium Chloride, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate), Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Panthothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid), Probiotics (Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract)
* Free run, antibiotic and hormone free chicken

Chicken is listed first, but it is the pre-cooked weight.  Cooked chicken weighs considerably less.  Soooo, the odds are there is a LOT of rice.  Lots of fruits and veggies too.  IMHO ;)  Pretttttty pricey food, for what you are actually getting. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 10:25:37 PM »
Yea, looks like you're probably right Lola. I was thinking it seemed a little pricey too. I got a box for $4.50 (shipping) and doubt I will order again. I found some grain-free food that I can afford and am happy with.

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 12:31:39 AM »
So this is new to me. Since I ordered this free box of this food, I've received at least 2 cards in the mail from the company. Last night, a person from the company actually gave me a call and left a message. I was a little shocked! Basically, they've noticed that I haven't re-ordered and probably don't want to lose my potential business I guess. It was nice, but I honestly hate talking on the phone. Especially to sales-y type people.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 02:10:39 PM »
I would also assume they are trying to win your business. 
I'm with you…  I do not like phone calls.  Even if I like the product, calling me is a sure way to turn me off from wanting to do business with a company. 

Offline AnnStaub

• Chatter Bug
    • Pawsitively Pets
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 02:28:51 PM »
I don't even like to talk on the phone with people that I know and like! lol...

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 03:27:33 PM »
I don't even like to talk on the phone with people that I know and like! lol...

I totally get that too! 

Tags: