Author Topic: Natural life  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Re: Natural life
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 01:06:28 AM »
Whoa Whoa Whoa, BHT? I am quite certain that that wasn't in there back when I was feeding that to Amber as a primary food... have they added that now? Blast it, I keep having to take foods off of her acceptable list.

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 05:43:20 AM »
Sorry, sorry, sorry, meant BPA, just got the letters, BHA confused, had an emergency earlier in the day, mind was shot.  :-[

Anyhow, what should concern folks, is when I asked them, about the high salt content, their responce was, that salt kept the kidneys flush, which I know, is not only not true, but high salt content is not good. When I asked them "why" they feel, salt kept the kidneys flush, they blew me off, twice.  I also asked them, if they were aware, that high salt is not good for heart kitties, their responce was, then he needs to be fed a prescription diet for heart kitties, WHICH THERE AIN'T ANY, and this is per his cardiologist, at UC Davis, just a few weeks ago, when Blue Buffalo tried to tell me the same thing, and not very nice about it. My vet called his cardiologist.

It should bother folks, it sure does me, that these companies don't seem to have much knowledge, about cat nutrition and cat health, and that when faced with the truth, they get nasty, or blow you off.  Not tellin anybody not to feed these foodies, just sayin, its something to wonder about.   >:(

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 08:59:30 AM »

It should bother folks, it sure does me, that these companies don't seem to have much knowledge, about cat nutrition and cat health, and that when faced with the truth, they get nasty, or blow you off.  Not tellin anybody not to feed these foodies, just sayin, its something to wonder about.   >:(

That is pretty much the reason 99.9% of them manufacture dry kibble, food with a ton of veggies, etc...no clue, don't care, high profit margin.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: