Author Topic: PetFoodDirect.com  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
PetFoodDirect.com
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:05:31 PM »
Jan 17 - I ordered several items.  One item was Stella & Chewys freeze dried chicken - 24/.08 oz pouches.

Jan 22 - I received most of my order... 2 boxes.  I received the canned items, but not the S & C pouches.
It isn't unusual for my orders to be packaged in more than one box.  I thought MAYBE since the other items were all cans, they shipped the S & C separately.  BUT... since they have screwed up my orders, on a few occasions before, I emailed them and asked if there was a 3rd box on the way that contained the 24 pouches. 

I received this automated response:
Thank you for contacting Our Customer Care Team. We strive to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours. Have a wonderful day! Customer Care Monday-Friday 8am-10pm est Saturday and Sunday 9am-5:30pm est"

I waited. 

Jan 24 - I emailed them again.  Same thing... automated response and then nothing. 

Jan 25 - I contacted them, via Facebook, about the missing S & C.  They responded that they would check into the situation.

Jan 26 - I receive an email that the S & C would be shipped right away.

Jan 29 - This arrived. 

Yup, that is ONE pouch. 
1.  TWENTY-FOUR pack was mentioned in every correspondence.
2.  They don't even sell that size individually!! 

Not shipping it the first time... mistakes happen.  Having to contact them THREE times... major carpy customer service.  Then... I receive ONE pouch.  NO ONE has the sense to make sure they don't screw up AGAIN?   Could they suck any worse??  Doh1

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: PetFoodDirect.com
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:16:06 PM »
I went through this in August last year with Petedge. I ordered 1 case of 4" 200 pressed rawhides for Barkly--I received 1 single 4" pressed rawhide.

Took me 3 calls to get it straightened out. The third call said there wasn't even any record of the other 2 calls. I showed them a screenshot of my phone records where I'd called--not sure what they did about some employee not making records. But they straightened it out, and they sent the bulk case of rawhides to us.

I've used them for years and years, and make some large orders to save on shipping. First time I've ever had that happen.

I ordered some Vlad-sized last week, and everything was back to normal when they came on Monday.

I'm wondering if they're all using some kind of database calling center to handle things since the same thing has happened to you.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »
They have made other mistakes.  BUT I have always received an email response with 24 hours or so.  They also fixed the problem... the first time.  They seemed to have reallllly gone downhill since merging (or whatever the heck they did) with Pet360 and NationalPetPharmacy. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 07:37:39 PM »
Well it didn't hurt my feelings that they sent me a $25 credit for my next order after all I'd had to go through. I was a bit more than a little upset by the time I made that third call.

Luckily I took the names of both that answered my call the first 2 times--that wasn't recorded as occurring by anyone except Comcast phone.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 08:10:48 PM »
Well, Chewy.com was recommended to me recently.  They carry some of the brands I buy AND they are cheaper.  Sooooo.... chewy.com here I come! 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 08:22:41 PM »
I've never tried them, but I've seen a lot of bloggers talking about Chewy.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 06:29:09 PM »
I've never tried them, but I've seen a lot of bloggers talking about Chewy.

On the items that I priced, they were cheaper.  That's a plus.

PFD called me.  Left a message.  Another (correct) order is being shipped.  The company rep said they have a new company running their warehouse, yadda, yadda, yadda.  I'm guessing she is referring to the combining of PFD, National Pet Pharmacy, and whoever else.
Anyway, the person was really nice.  Apologized.  She said that she personally emailed someone at the warehouse, to make SURE they send the Stella & Chewy 24 pack treats.  I'm hoping she meant meal and not treats.   Bumpurr1

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 02:43:42 PM »
Meant to update...  I did finally get what I ordered. 

Tags: