Author Topic: Do your pets react to storms or other weather changes?  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Do your pets react to storms or other weather changes?
« on: December 04, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »
Storm coming later.  I noticed Mazy cat getting very quiet and still, reluctant to move, and when I checked the weather guessed that was why,  but now that I think about it, the other two are staying pretty subdued too. 

Tolly used to go a bit bonkers before a storm hit, then he would sleep through it. These three seem to hunker down before it gets here.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Do your pets react to storms or other weather changes?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 08:11:49 PM »
Honestly, I think they're reacting to magnetic changes in the atmosphere. I think they feel those changes more than most of us do. I just think that the majority of humans, of all animals on earth, are the least in tune to nature. Barometric pressure doesn't help either if you've got old joints, and this is one thing I know for sure that humans will notice.

But all of our pets throughout the years have reacted in SOME way to strong weather changes.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 08:35:50 PM »
I feel them too, any kind of change, from bad to good or good to bad can give me a bad fibromyalgia flare.

I kept meaning to give Mazy cat some Rescue Remedy in one of her meals to help her cope but have forgot every time.  Meal times are over for the night so I'll just rub a little into her ears I guess.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 10:41:53 PM »
Honestly, I don't remember if Pookie or his sister reacted to the weather or not.  If they did, I think they went a bit nuts, but then that could have just been them being themselves (when younger).

Barometric pressure doesn't help either if you've got old joints, and this is one thing I know for sure that humans will notice.

I didn't until I had vertigo a couple of years ago.  The worst of it is gone, but there's still some residual inner-ear issues, and there are times, when the barometric pressure is dropping, that I "feel" it because it feels like the vertigo is trying to come back.  yuk
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 05:33:52 PM »
Honestly, I don't remember if Pookie or his sister reacted to the weather or not.  If they did, I think they went a bit nuts, but then that could have just been them being themselves (when younger).

I didn't until I had vertigo a couple of years ago.  The worst of it is gone, but there's still some residual inner-ear issues, and there are times, when the barometric pressure is dropping, that I "feel" it because it feels like the vertigo is trying to come back.  yuk

That sounds awful!

Tags: