Author Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KITTENS!!!!!!  (Read 2803 times)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KITTENS!!!!!!
« on: August 20, 2012, 06:28:16 AM »
I want to wish a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my "little brothers" Cowboy and Cruiser, The Kittens, from your
"big brother" Bump! I loves you very much and I is watching over you. ((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))  :-* HeadButt cat4 love1 kissyou grouphug

tootgif tiggerbounce dancingbanana BanWooHoo bananamiddlechild multistars champ1 woohoogif happydance1 yaygif balloonsgif chicagocubslol fireworks1 birthday5 birthday4 birthday1 birthday3 birthday7 birthday6 birthday2 TexasFlag bumpgif

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KITTENS!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 08:18:55 AM »
Happy Birthday, Kittens!!!!!

love1 love1 multistars woohoogif happydance1 yaygif BanWooHoo dancingbanana bananamiddlechild tiggerbounce coolgif2 fireworks1 birthday4 birthday1 birthday5 birthday6 birthday7 birthday3 birthday2 birthday2 birthday2
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 02:14:12 PM »
Party time!

fireworks1 birthday4 birthday1 birthday7 birthday4 fireworks1
                               dance1 purplekat BanWooHoo tiggerbounce multistars
                                         birthday2 birthday2 birthday2 birthday2 birthday2
                                                   ThxGiv6
                                                   newyear1
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:43:40 PM »
Happy Birthday Kittens!!! dancingbanana bananamiddlechild multistars 

birthday3 birthday7
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 09:47:38 PM »
   HeadButt HeadButt HeadButt

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 06:58:36 PM »
Hope The Kittens had a W O N D E R F U L birthday!!!   HeadButt

How old are The Kittens?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 08:44:56 PM »
They are 4 yrs old, yes, you can rag me, mol.  :D

I got them when they were 8 weeks old, they are still my babies, I still call Cowboy, little one, and when their foodies are ready, I say, little ones, and they go running to where they eat.  To me, they are still, the kittens.

Bump was their bestest buddy, as you can see, from the picture, you put up, which, thank you for.  :-* HeadButt

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 04:05:55 PM »
They are 4 yrs old, yes, you can rag me, mol.  :D

I got them when they were 8 weeks old, they are still my babies, I still call Cowboy, little one, and when their foodies are ready, I say, little ones, and they go running to where they eat.  To me, they are still, the kittens.

Bump was their bestest buddy, as you can see, from the picture, you put up, which, thank you for.  :-* HeadButt

I didn't think they were kitten age.  No ragging on my part.  The names I use when I post about our furkids...are their "official" names.   Bumpurr1
The oddest nickname...Lacy is often referred to as Brown Dog.  (Although I believe technically she is considered red.) When she joined the family, all the furkids had names that started with the letter "L."  Another L-name was over the top.  lol  BTW, she answers to both names.  

Was Bump the father to The Kittens...or just from the same breeder?  I think I remember some sort of "connection" (other than good buddies), but don't remember what it was. 

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:08:06 PM by Lola »

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 05:20:43 PM »
Bump and the kittens, are from the same breeder, no relation, at all, made sure of that, mol, totally different parents.

When Bump was diagnosed at 10 months old, I called his breeder. She was beyond supportive and helpful.
She said, if you want to bring him back, I will give you your money back, or a replacement kitten, your choice.
(That is pretty much the norm, altho, some contracts are worded different, its the kitten buyers choice)

I said, I ain't a bringin him back, he is my baby boy.

If the kitten buyer, keeps the kitten, it then becomes the breeders choice, as to how to handle it, your money back, or another kitten, or whatever the contract says.

She said, when you are ready, I will give you another kitten.

I told her, I been looking for a red one, with white paws and a white chest. She said when I get one, he is yours.

2 yrs later she called, she said, I have one, he is the only one in the litter like that, and he is yours, come get him when he is 8 weeks old, so Cowboy was special ordered, mol.

When I picked him up, she said, pick out another one too, and he is yours too, I picked Cruiser. When I had the kittens in the carrier, and got ready to leave, she handed me some money, it was half of Bump's purchase price. I told her, she didn't have to do it, Cowboy was the payment, she said, she wanted to.

When I called her, to tell her, I had to put Bump down, she said, when you get ready, I will give you another kitten. I told her, that debt was more than paid, with Cowboy and Cruiser, she said she wanted to.

She comes to the kittens shows, when she is in the area, and shows her kitten buyers, their show pictures, and how pretty they are and how well, they turned out.  I called her on the kittens birthdays, I always do, she  said, I have kittens, they are 3 weeks old. It was very tempting, but told her, I am not ready yet. She said, when you are ready, let me know, you can pick out any one.

When I brought the kittens home, I let Bump in after a few days, he is so very laid back. He lay right down, and they tried to nurse him, and he just lay there, and let them.

He was their big brother and their bestest buddy, he loved them, and they loved him. 

When I brought his carrier home, they just sat, and stared inside of it, they knew, and they were very depressed. I believe, Bump was in there, and they could see him.

I saw Bump, 4 times, crystal clear, and petted him 1 time. Haven't seen him in awhile, don't expect to, he showed himself, because, he knew I needed that comfort.  I believe, he is still around, watching over me, watching over the kittens.  They run and play, with something, that I cannot see, I know, its Bump.

:-* HeadButt Bumpurr1 TexasFlag bumpgif kissyou 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 10:27:59 PM »
I'm glad the Bump sightings have brought you some comfort.  ((hugs)) I don't know if seeing Leonard again would make me feel better.  I think it would tear my guts out more. 

You mentioning The Kittens running and playing with something you can't see, reminded me...
We have been told our home has friendly spirits.  Never gave it much thought one way or another.  However, when Lola first came to our home, she would run around and play.  It looked like she was playing with someone/something that we couldn't see.  She did this for a long time.  Every time we would see her doing it, we would say "Lola's friends must be visiting."  I hope Leonard comes back to visit her.  I think she misses him a LOT.   :'(

Tags: