Author Topic: Rich Foods Recalls...large list  (Read 1139 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Rich Foods Recalls...large list
« on: April 05, 2013, 06:36:19 PM »
I'm not sure where to put this since it's for humans, but that's a big list, so I figure you all need to know

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/News_&_Events/Recall_025_2013_Expanded/index.asp

Editor's Note April 4, 2013: Details of this recall were updated April 4, 2013 to reflect the approximate amounts, additional products and slight changes in health investigation information.

WASHINGTON, Apr. 4, 2013 - Rich Products Corporation, a Buffalo, N.Y. firm, is expanding its recall of various heat treated, not fully cooked frozen mini meals and snack items to more than 10.5 million pounds because they may be contaminated with E. coli O121, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The expanded recall covers all products produced at the company's Waycross, Ga. plant with "Best by" dates ranging from January 1, 2013 to September 29, 2014.

The following FSIS-regulated products are subject to the expanded recall:

You all might just want to keep an eye on this page: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/FSIS_Recalls/index.asp I didn't know about this particular site until just now and it's full of current recalls that I've not seen.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Rich Foods Recalls...large list
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »
Class I:  This is a health hazard situation where there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death.

Rich Foods Recall... Class I
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 12:56:10 AM »
I didn't know until this evening that Byron's BBQ that's in town was bought out by Rich Foods at some point.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 02:02:06 PM »
Thanks, DeeDee  :)

Appreciate the wonderful work you're doing.   thumbsup1 thumbsup1

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 03:25:13 PM »
You're welcome, CC. I figure so many of you work so hard, I might as well save you some time and copy and paste it here if I'm going to go read it for myself.

I'd hate for one of you, or your furbabies, to get sick! We really do have to take care of each other when none of these big companies care about us at all for any other reason than the $$ we have in hand.

Have any of you ever wondered what would happen to us if the FDA weren't following behind them forcing them to do what's right and make recalls???

Tags: