Author Topic: Catster And Dogster Shutting Down  (Read 5274 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Catster And Dogster Shutting Down
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 05:19:02 PM »
UPDATE!  http://www.catster.com/the-scoop/catsters-community-features-not-shutting-down

Big News: Catster's Community Features Will Not Be Shutting Down

As soon as we know what the final plan is, you will know it too. Here's what we can tell you about what's happening for now.

Hi Catsters and Dogsters,

A little over two weeks ago, we were sad to announce that we were being forced to shut down our community areas. But then something incredible happened. You rallied, and refused to give up on us. You voiced your dismay to anyone who would listen. And you know what? It worked.

Today we can tell you that we are no longer shutting down the community areas of Catster and Dogster on March 3rd as was initially planned. We are developing a new plan with a new partner to keep all your favorite features running, but it may take a month to get everything finalized so thanks in advance for your patience. We will share the details with you as soon as we have them figured out.

We know you will have a lot of questions about what will happen to your pet pages, groups and forums, and we don’t have a lot of answers at this point. As soon as we know what the final plan is, you will know it too. Thanks for bearing with us, and for loving Dogster and Catster. All of this is because of you.

Your friends at Catster and Dogster HQ

P.S. We are still having an ongoing conversation in the All Paws Bulletin Group. We hope you’ll join us there.

2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »
I hope all the good members found a home elsewhere... sharing their knowledge for those that WILL listen, and without the heavy handed moderation/baths. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:08:15 PM by Lola, Reason: spelling »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 01:15:50 AM »
I am glad that Catster didnt shut down, only because I like to have my cats profiles there, plus I have met a lot of nice people there, and I never would have met some of you here if it wansnt for Catster.  :)
I do stay away from the forums there though, they just get me irritated.
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Tags: