Author Topic: If You Feed Purina *PLEASE READ THIS* **IMPERATIVE**  (Read 6306 times)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
If You Feed Purina *PLEASE READ THIS* **IMPERATIVE**
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »
If you feed any, food made by Purina, which includes Fancy Feast and Friskies kitty food, it is **IMPERATIVE**
that you read this, and if you have any issues, that you contact Purina Customer Service 800-877-7551 M-F
7AM - 7PM, believe its Central time.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/ralston.html

http://www.catster.com/forums/Food_and_Nutrition/thread/729051

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: If You Feed Purina *PLEASE READ THIS* **IMPERATIVE**
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 05:17:58 PM »
Purina dog foods are having SERIOUS issues as well.  
Bump, SOME people have cats AND dogs.   :-*

(Reason for moving thread.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:46:28 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 05:26:15 PM »
Bump said *any* food, whichy77777777777u7ytttttttttt6

which means cat or dog, and show horse people, won;t touch Purina Horse Chow, we ben a knowin, for like, lots  of years, its GARBAGE, ya, can says its on here.

Just didn't have time to list, all, the foods Purina makes, which I just found out, is Meow Mix too.  Here is a start. Gots to go eat suppys, and, Cruiser wanted to post too, so the first line, is what he thinks, about Purina, he typed it his self, walked right on the key board, mol.  :P :-* thumbsup1 Bumpurr1 TexasFlag bumpgif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestlé_Purina_PetCare

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 05:28:53 PM »
use the red arrows

http://www.purina.com/

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 05:45:32 PM »
I was just explaining why I moved this thread from the cat category, and put it in Non Species Specific.   ;D

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 07:03:57 PM »
Didn't even realize, ya moved it, mol, until he saw the "Bump" post, mol.  funny2 :-*

I thoughty, ya thoughts, I meant, only for kitties, so ya done good, mol, mol, bol.  thumbsup1 TexasFlag bumpgif newhere1 bewareofmodsgif

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 12:10:20 AM »
Reposting this here from the "Truth About PF" thread because it's meant for those people still sticking up for Purina, thinking they are an innocent Co out for the best interests of their customers:

Looked at that thread Bump and I viewed that person's "sensitivity" to your post an an insult to all those pet owners posting on consumeraffairs.com whose pets have suffered & died.... what are people smoking these days anyway? Everything's an "insult" to people these days, as though they are the only people enhabiting this planet....in their closed little bubbles.  Just because they continue to trust something, they believe everybody should, regardless of what all the other people go through....

Honestly people should be calling Consumer Attorneys, NOT Purina, who will only sweep it under the rug. It's been going on this long...
The biggest problem (which is why I put that quote where it fits, in Purina-related thread) is explained in that quote.
For every person who DOES complain, how many others still trust them, like in the catsfur thread where THREE cats in ONE family in 2 different states were affected and one even died?

BTW, I was on the IAMS complaints board and saw the same scenario.  Only there, there are a bunch of "company responses" to the complaints with a stupid generic "Call us" comment and when they are clicked on, "Trusted Company of Consumer Affairs" logos come up  :o :o :o   flamingturd nonono  Should they be biased? 

So I hope people call somebody not affiliated in any way with ANY PFI. Better shot, IMO.

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 05:46:21 AM »
To give more information.

Doing this from memory, and will look up the info after work, but cats, dogs, horses, cows, are property, livestock, and not deemed, in the legal sense, something you can collect on, per say.  BUT Texas passed a law, or something to that effect, that people can now sue, for the loss of their pets.

I believe any pet food companies standard responce is, there have been no other complaints. Thats what Blue Buffalo told me. I know for a FACT that is NOT TRUE, and thats why I haunt the BB site on FB.  When I persisted, they got nasty, a sure sign, your heading in the right direction.

When Bump found that chore boy under the bed, at the show hotel, the front lady's responce was so? What are you going to do about it. I showed them, exactly, what I was going to do. When I got done with them, they paid his vet bill and changed their cleaning policy.   >:( pangif   

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 10:12:12 AM »
I think most people, naturally, go to the company making the food or product first...when there is an obvious problem.  
For some reason, pet food companies are trusted more than any other company.  It seems to me.
Could be the amount of time they have been in business, the vet recommendations of certain brands, the warm and fluffy commercials, the movie association, etc.  

Also, the labeling has a STRONG influence.  IMHO  I would never have guessed that a mfg can claim pretty much anything they want to on a label.  

Just using kibble for example.  It BLEW MY MIND, when I was told that it was the "quality" kibble that was causing my boy cat harm.  Not the ingredients, in this instance, but the feeding of dry kibble itself.  

It just didn't make sense to me that ANY company would mfg. dry kibble for a cat that is an obligate carnivore and doesn't (can't) actually chew kibble.  

I think it is normal, for Joe Average, to ASSuME a company would be educated about the furkid it is manufacturing food for!  

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 10:41:55 AM »
To give more information.

Doing this from memory, and will look up the info after work, but cats, dogs, horses, cows, are property, livestock, and not deemed, in the legal sense, something you can collect on, per say.  BUT Texas passed a law, or something to that effect, that people can now sue, for the loss of their pets.

I believe any pet food companies standard responce is, there have been no other complaints. Thats what Blue Buffalo told me. I know for a FACT that is NOT TRUE, and thats why I haunt the BB site on FB.  When I persisted, they got nasty, a sure sign, your heading in the right direction.

An attorney in Washington Stae has been successful as well  thumbsup1

(Bolded)  That's what's so worrysome, Bump.   And allll those complaints on Consumer Affairs for alllll that time, the "trusted company(ies)"  cann keep their little "call me" comments confined to the Internet, where anyone has to finally get desperate enough to search to get a CLUE. For every one of them, how many trusting people (Lola's quote  thumbsup1 cases in point) don't and just keep on taking their animals back & forth to the vets?  (just like I & my family did. :'( )

I think most people, naturally, go to the company making the food or product first...when there is an obvious problem.  
For some reason, pet food companies are trusted more than any other company.  It seems to me.
Could be the amount of time they have been in business, the vet recommendations of certain brands, the warm and fluffy commercials, the movie association, etc.  

Also, the labeling has a STRONG influence.  IMHO  I would never have guessed that a mfg can claim pretty much anything they want to on a label.  

Just using kibble for example.  It BLEW MY MIND, when I was told that it was the "quality" kibble that was causing my boy cat harm.  Not the ingredients, in this instance, but the feeding of dry kibble itself.  

It just didn't make sense to me that ANY company would mfg. dry kibble for a cat that is an obligate carnivore and doesn't (can't) actually chew kibble.  

I think it is normal, for Joe Average, to ASSuME a company would be educated about the furkid it is manufacturing food for!  

YUP.  Which is why, JMHO, it's imperative that those of us who DO know reach out to people who don't have a conflict of interest, for any hope of sparing people of what (we) had to go through.  ... From the faux Gov't "Agencies" right on down the line, these people are all protecting themselves -- each others' intere$t$ is their own.   Think ANY of them care how many vet bills pile up, or the fate of peoples' pets?  It ALL piles down on the pet owners...

ETA:  Even for those that DO know, look at how even they have to scramble & pull out their hair to find the lesser of the evils....
Someone DOES dig & finally find a decent food, it has clay stuff & spinach & other species-inappropriate stuff.  
They'll always find some way to cheapen things for their bottom line....until things can get exposed, more people in mainstream become aware, and the DEMAND goes up for species-appprpriate feeds while DEMAND for garbage (because more peple would know) goes down....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:59:15 AM by CarnivorousCritter »

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »
PS Maybe if we're all nice to Bump, he might share his high powered contacts with his buddies on here too in the future  cat4  kissyou

PPS Edit to add today's addition:

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

We have been feeding our dogs with Purina One dry dog food for over a year and since we bought a large bag and have been feeding them, two out of five dogs have been sick with vomiting and diarrhea . After reading these posts, I do believe it is the food. It is not worth just convenience for purchasing dog food at your local grocery store. I will go back to a high quality brand today!

Linda of Dacula, GA
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:08:48 AM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 05:12:30 PM »
The price, of Bump, sharing his high powered contacts, is this, take it or leave it, mol, mol, mol.  funny2 :D :P ;) :-*

Lola, has to agree, to turn the Dallas game on, on Thanksgiving, during dinner.  And Bump wants it in writing, mol, mol, mol.  thumbsup1 Bumpurr1 TexasFlag bumpgif

To get the "guests" started, should they have an issue, is these steps.

1. Contact the company, write down who you talked to, and what they said. You do need to have a complaint on record.

2. Go to that companies Facebook page, and post your story.

3. Write a Letter To The Editor of your local newspaper, stick to the facts.

4.  Contact your local TV station, and ask them to air the story.

5. If the kitty or doggie died, take out a full page ad, in your local newspaper.

6. Contact Mr Anderson on CNN, he loves animals.

7. Retain an attorney, and have him/her look up the Texas law.

8. Contact Bump's high powered contacts, whose names shall remain, secret, until the price has been met.

TexasFlag bumpgif

With that show hotel, I didn't have to go very far, down the list. I told them, you WILL, pay his vet bill, and you WILL change your cleaning policy, or........ my next call is to the police, and, CNN.  They paid his bill, and changed their cleaning policy.   

When it comes to Bump, takin on his mommy, ain't, a goody idea.   

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 01:33:41 AM »
I'm not Lola but I will buy a TV to watch Dallas on T'Giving for that deal!   cat3 cat4  Bumpurr1

Check this out  -
Since Ol' Roy has the 'reputation' it does and it doesn't get plastered everywhere with every new Dog movie that comes out, was curious to see if they were keeping up with the P food on the consumer complaints site (they're not). But plenty of comments nonetheless, among them:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/ol_roy.html 

My dog is a very outgoing and well behaved dog. She is a 7th Champion Bloodline American Pit bull. My husband and I grabbed a 20 lb. bag of the Ol Roy complete nutrition with the green label "Compare to Purina Dog Chow". My dog's stomach has been making crazy noises. She is very lazy after only 2 days of eating this food. I only noticed her change in personality and being non-responsive because I found a huge chunk of molded clump up food. Ol Roy will be held accountable for this. She is going to the vet tomorrow and if I lose my child over a money hungry careless company, I promise they will regret allowing this food on any shelf. Legal actions will be taken.

So I wanted to see if they were just whistle1 fibbing on their labels...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ol-Roy-Complete-Nutrition-Dog-Food-20-lb/10898788#ProductDetail 
A: The ingredients in this product are as follows: Ground yellow corn, meat and bone meal, soybean meal, poultry by-product meal, animal fat (preserved with BHA and citric acid), corn gluten meal, natural flavor, brewers rice, salt, potassium chloride, color added (titanium dioxide, yellow #5, yellow #6, red #40, blue #2), choline chloride,...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Purina-Dog-Chow-Complete-Balanced-Dog-Food-20-lb/10804914
Whole Grain Corn, Meat and Bone Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Soybean Meal, Animal Fat Preserved With Mixed-Tocopherols (Form of Vitamin E), Poultry By-Product Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Animal Digest, Brewers Rice, Salt, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Parsley Flakes, Added Color (Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 2),….

Oh it gets better ...  >:D
Directions

Top of Page
   •   to Open: Pull Red Tape Off to The Left. Store In A Cool, Dry Place. Feed to Ideal Body Condition: Too Thin-Ribs Are Highly Visible. Increase The Amount You Are Feeding. After 2 Or 3 Weeks, Compare Again. Adjust Until Dog Exhibits Ideal Body Condition. Ideal-Can Feel Outline of Ribs. Dog Has A Waist When Viewed from Above.  ...blahblahblahblah... Adjust As Necessary. The Purina Life Plan, An Unprecedented Fourteen-Year Study By Purina, Proves That You Can Help Extend Your Dog's Healthy Years By Feeding to His Ideal Body Condition Throughout His Life. Use The Recommended Daily Feeding Amounts As Shown. ..

NOTE first bolded.  Don't tell you WHAT it is you'd be feeding to accomplish this impossible feat though, do they?

Feeding Weaning Pups: Puppies Start to Nibble On Solid Foods At Three to Four Weeks of Age. Keep Moistened Purina Dog Chow (3 Parts Kibble to 1 Part Water) Available to Puppies At All Times Until Fully Weaned (6 to 8 Weeks of Age)

:o  This is the brand getting the most "exposure" when it comes to Hollyweird films with pets ...

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 01:47:51 AM »
Well at least Ol' Roy didn't totally let us down. Not only are the ingredients not identical (as the sign leads the consumer to believe), they don't have Parsley Flakes! Those cheap suckers...

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 07:57:24 AM »
This also caught my attention:

Keep Moistened Purina Dog Chow (3 Parts Kibble to 1 Part Water)

Recommending to wet kibble.  ARGH!   :o