Author Topic: The Ultimate Convincer  (Read 2717 times)

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
The Ultimate Convincer
« on: November 21, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »
Sometimes people take being able to grind things, and rotate their jaws to chew -- especially when they PREFER NOT to -- for granted, like I did recently.

Had a medical crisis and had to take pills which looked something like this:

Since the luxury of being able to grind and chew really wasn''t an option  (taste was intolerable anyway), it took quite a few attempts to gulp these things down whole the first day, so thought the line in middle which allowed me to break them in half would make it easier. NOT!  The jagged middle, although only half the size, actually made it harder and ultimately gulping it whole was the way to go due to the even & all-around smoothness.

(Sorry I digress, do these look even & smooth?)

Anyway, SOOO glad I only had to do this with ONE of these pills, only TWICE a day. Couldn't imagine bearing with any more!

But imagine if just a few more were required daily ...  

Now imagine if these things were my SOLE source of food?!   Remember, NO grinding and/or chewing!!!  

Please, God, don't let me come back as a

!!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:36:21 AM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: The Ultimate Convincer
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 10:47:12 AM »
To make sure I'm understanding...

You had to swallow HUGE smooth pills a few times a day. 
Chewing wasn't an option for you.  You could have broken them in half, but then there would have been "jagged" edges...making swallowing large pieces, with jagged edges, highly uncomfortable.

You are comparing your experience of having to either swallow HUGE smooth pills or large jagged edged pills (just a few times a day for a short period of time)... to felines being fed dry kibble every day.

Just to add ...Can you imagine the PAINFUL experience, had you upchucked those kibble pills?  >:D
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 04:56:37 PM »
Well then, maybe the petty foodie companies, shouldn't make the wet food, so expensive, or, maybe someone, very opposed to feeding dry, could buy the wet food, for those, that cannot afford it.   christmas4

Take your best shot.  :P

cat4 Bumpurr1 TexasFlag bumpgif Eat2 christmas3 christmas8 ChristmasChoir Christmas9 christmasangels

Way cool Christmas icons!  ::)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »
I TOTALLY agree that the finger pointing goes DIRECTLY in the direction of pet food manufactures!! 
Stop with pretending they care about our pets.  Their "love" and "knowledge" of feline nutrition...what a joke!  noseisgrowing A bad one at that.  Pet Food Mfg have gotten away with tooooo much for tooooo long.    throwfit

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 12:46:22 AM »
Well then, maybe the petty foodie companies, shouldn't make the wet food, so expensive, or, maybe someone, very opposed to feeding dry, could buy the wet food, for those, that cannot afford it.   christmas4

agreegif  Consumer fraud at its most blatant.

However,  people in general I know (seeing firsthand in real life, not talking about Internet) have totally stopped thinking for themselves.   I know somebody who can answer Jeopardy! questions and should be on that show; college educated - told her to look at a cat's teeth and asked her why she thinks hers is always throwing up.  Didn't she know since she was scoring a 98 average all through school that these creatures are meat eaters? What would she feed a snake?  She says mice. Feed a horse? Grains and hay.  The family Felid?  Cereal  Doh1  And she can name the capitols of every state and foreign countries I've never even heard of  bangshead

People just refuse to think for themselves.  :( It's easier. IF they did, the demand for this food would decrease; demand for good stuff would increase, and there would be more honest competition driving quality up.
People who simply don't know, they get a pass. It's her I get frustrated with because she has SEEN the info.

Case in point: 2007 recall catastrophe -- can't tell you how many people I know who remained faithful to those brands.  THIS is why I put some blame on consumers as well.l

GREAT point made in the linked comment in Black Friday thread about people lining up for the $6.00 coffee maker (cheap carp from China that won't last).
As long as that's what people will settle for and demand, that's precisely what they'll continue to get even more of.

Unfortunately the pet food matter can get in line right along with virtually every other product we can think of, which we grew up with, that is now reduced to cheap China garbage with a higher price tag that people jump for joy over when it's on "sale".  Doh1 Doh1
It's easier, it's convenient, and nobody has to think about it. The TV won't lie to them. They'll just buy more.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:56:41 AM by CarnivorousCritter »