Author Topic: Hare Today FIRST Order  (Read 4468 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Hare Today FIRST Order
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 07:06:25 PM »
We've used the chunks/slabs, and then we've used the ground. Honestly, I can't see any difference at all in the boys. Easier is easier in my book. It's a LOT easier to weigh out ground meat than  it is trying to slice pieces off of something that's way too big.

I'm not a fan of dead meat.   Silly7  I do everything I can not to have to handle it.  Ground meat I can pretend.  lol  Anyway, some raw feeders aren't thrilled with ground raw.  I'm not blaming them, but...  I did allow their comments to hold me back.  I get it that raw chunks are much better for their teeth, but no raw isn't doing them ANY good. 

I just had to get to a place (in my head) that made it okay not to be "perfect." 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 07:08:26 PM »
bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild

I know lots of people who use Hare Today. One friend who does feed primarily prey model, but uses Hare Today several times a week to sneak raw egg yolk into the cats, because her cats won't eat raw egg yolk.  Fortunately my cats like raw egg yolk.

I'd ask why the raw egg yolk, buuuuuuut I don't think there is room in my head, to learn anything new today.  ;)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 07:14:10 PM »
Okay, let me know when you want to know about egg yolk. :)

I think you are doing fine with eh Hare Today.  I a\know a few people who feed nothing but Rad Cat.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2014, 07:50:02 PM »
Okay, let me know when you want to know about egg yolk. :)

I think you are doing fine with eh Hare Today.  I a\know a few people who feed nothing but Rad Cat.

Answer me this... Is it something I SHOULD be doing?

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 07:58:04 PM »
I don't know. I would.  Egg yolk is very nutritious, supplying B vitamins and choline and some other micro nutrients I can't spell.  It improves motility too.  Most raw feeders, from what I've read, give one yolk a week.  Mazy gets yolk twice a week because she needs the choline for motility, Jennie and Queen Eva get yolk once a week, on Sunday.

Mazy gets very expensive (4.99 a half dozen) organic, GMO free "free range" "certified humane handling"  extra large brown eggs.  Jennie and Queen Eva get regular large brown eggs.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »
I don't know. I would.  Egg yolk is very nutritious, supplying B vitamins and choline and some other micro nutrients I can't spell.  It improves motility too.  Most raw feeders, from what I've read, give one yolk a week.  Mazy gets yolk twice a week because she needs the choline for motility, Jennie and Queen Eva get yolk once a week, on Sunday.

Mazy gets very expensive (4.99 a half dozen) organic, GMO free "free range" "certified humane handling"  extra large brown eggs.  Jennie and Queen Eva get regular large brown eggs.

And... thanks again!  :)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »

If you lived nearby, I could get you free-range eggs for $2.50/dozen.  The owner of my health food store has her own chickens.   thumbsup1 :)  I could get the eggs for you, and you could help me convince Pookie that they really are not as bad as he seems to think.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 12:22:37 AM »
If you lived nearby, I could get you free-range eggs for $2.50/dozen.  The owner of my health food store has her own chickens.   thumbsup1 :)  I could get the eggs for you, and you could help me convince Pookie that they really are not as bad as he seems to think.

For what MC is paying, it might be worth the move! 

Tags: