Author Topic: Think You Can Avoid Pet Foods Made In China? Think Again!  (Read 1388 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Think You Can Avoid Pet Foods Made In China? Think Again!
« on: December 17, 2013, 09:44:20 AM »
http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/think-you-can-avoid-pet-foods-made-in-china/?inf_contact_key=c771b86769082db38ec50e1828b7988d7f148b6af573c03f76771480d7e0ec2d

Made in the USA
If you have made the phone call and found out that your pet food’s premix has been manufactured in the US, don’t start feeling all warm and fuzzy just yet.  The individual synthetic vitamins and minerals that are in that made-in-the-US premix are almost all manufactured in India or China so it may or may not be a safe option after all.  In the end, some pet food manufacturers do their best to source out the safest premixes possible – but it is difficult for them to determine where the individual ingredients originated from and what quality control measures were put in place.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
Re: Think You Can Avoid Pet Foods Made In China? Think Again!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 06:03:19 PM »
Any health nut will tell you that all processed vitamins come from China one way or another.  China essentially corners the entire vitamin market.  No joke.

So, those vitamins in your cupboard? Vit. E, Calcium, Vit. B, etc.,. made in China.
Unless you are getting your vitamins from whole foods, you are getting them from China.

So, eat your whole foods, boys and girls... because, to be blunt, China (business/government) is not our friend.
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 06:46:33 PM »
I have heard/read that about vitamins.  Unfortunately, NOTHING about ANY commercial pet food makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  :(
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 02:06:40 PM »
http://madebyyankees.com/2009/03/10/vitamins/

" No ingredient in any Dee Cee Labs vitamin comes from China...  With regards to our other products, most of the ingredients come from the US, but a few ingredients come from other countries as well. I believe the only products that we [Earth Turns] have with an ingredient from China is Spectra-Greens and CholestSure."

This makes me feel slightly better. The vitamins and supplements I use for Amber are mostly from DC labs. Her vitamin E supplement is from DaVinci and is supposedly also US sourced and manufactured. Of course, I still don't trust any of it completely. At this point, in order to have complete trust in anything, I would have to raise the materials myself, as well as synthesize it and bottle it myself.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 08:33:15 AM »
Thanks for the info, Amber!!!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: