Author Topic: Raw Feeding Miami  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Raw Feeding Miami
« on: September 27, 2016, 04:35:51 PM »
I know I have a post SOMEWHERE about this food.  Maybe it is in the cat section.   :-\

I feed it to the cats and Lacy dog, but more so to Lacy dog.  I THINK my reason for originally doing so was because Lacy didn't have as much variety as the cats, at the time.  And the bag sizes work out better, as far as thawing meal portions for Lacy dog. 

Anyway.... I REALLY like this food.  This may sound odd, but it looks really good.  It is advertised (the product I buy) as ground, but it is really small chunks....compared to other commercial raw brands that are ground.  It is always a nice healthy looking color.  I also like that the cats do have to "chew" it a bit. 

Another commercial raw brand I feed (less and less) tends to turn color quickly.  The company states that it is 10% bone... but two cats have issues with the bones.  Even though the bone pieces are very small, they leave bone on their plates.

I guess my point is... when comparing Raw Feeing Miami raw to the other brand mentioned above... RFM seems to be superior in quality!   :-* HeadButt
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:37:38 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Raw Feeding Miami
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 03:49:22 PM »
I wanted to mention that a person needs to read the descriptions.  Not all meats are sourced from the US.  I remembering seeing New Zealand on something.  Also, not all complete meal grinds state that they are 80/10/10... with 5% of the organ meat being secreting organs.

This info may not be important to anyone, but thought I'd mention it anyway.  :) 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:51:39 PM »
Food sourced from New Zealand or Australia isn't a problem for me. They've got great lamb, beef and kangaroo sources. Kangaroo is a wonderful alternative for pets with severe food allergies.

I've always wondered why they don't get some of those crocodiles on the table. Many people and animals eat alligator here.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 10:27:43 AM »
Roxy LOVES the rabbit!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club