Author Topic: Have you fed Natura pet foods? You could get $200  (Read 2765 times)

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Re: Have you fed Natura pet foods? You could get $200
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »
Yup I have and I still have the receipts, but alas Im in Canada. :-\
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 08:26:49 PM »
Quote from the comments below the article:

Nat
Said this on 7-19-2011 At 02:49 pm  You can claim if you're Canadian. It gives options to choose provinces (where it lists states). I put my name in. I actually received a direct email from the website itself. Somehow, I'd enterred myself originally. Don't remember this but glad they kept me in the loop anyway.

I Emailed them back to ask about proof of purchase however there is a box you can select where you can state you don't have a receipt and something about a declaration under penalty of perjury that you did in fact purchase a natura pet food product.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 09:03:38 PM »
I did feed Innova and California Natural for about a year, until P&G bought them out.  But I have no proof, since I no longer have the receipts. :(  too bad I could use $200.

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
It doesn't look like you actually need receipts though - here is a link to the actual form: http://www.petproductssettlement.com/utility/GetFile/ba709593-5d4e-4771-a358-3e3155bc2eeb

If you do not have documentation of your purchase, then NO PROOF OF PURCHASE REQUIRED and please check
the box below.

[ ]I declare under penalty of perjury that I have purchased a Natura Product between March 20, 2005 thru July 8,

If you have the receipt issued by the vendor; a cancelled check for the purchase of the Natura Product; a credit card
statement showing the purchase of the Natura Product; or copies of the label from the Natura Product in question,
please include with your claim.

Of course, you could get up to $200, which could mean all you get is $0.01 or a certain amount worth in coupons for Natura products. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »

snip...

Natura Pet Products Class Action Settlement Of Innova, EVO, California Natural, HealthWise, Mother Nature & Karma Dog or Cat Food Product Class Action Lawsuit
JULY 15, 2011
If you purchased Innova, EVO, California Natural, HealthWise, Mother Nature, or Karma dog or cat food products, you could get a payment from a class action settlement.

A federal judge has entered an order for preliminary approval of a class action settlement of a class action lawsuit against Natura Pet Products, Inc. (“Natura Pet Products” or “Natura” or “Defendant”) in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California (captioned Judy Ko v. Natura Pet Prodcuts, Inc., Civil Action Case No. C 09-02619 JF), alleging, among other things, that Natura violated California’s Business and Professions Code when advertising their dog and cat food products and allegedly made false and misleading statements about the human grade quality of its food in its advertisements, promotional materials and labeling.

For purposes of the Natura Pet Products settlement, Judge Fogel certified a class of persons defined as follows:

All persons residing in the United States who purchased any Natura Product for personal, family, or household purposes (the “Class”) during the time period from March 20, 2005 to July 8, 2011 (the “Class Period”).

All Innova, EVO, California Natural, HealthWise, Mother Nature, and Karma dog and cat food products are reportedly included in the Natura Pet Products settlement.

A $2,150,000 settlement fund will be reportedly created by Natura under the class action settlement.  The settlement fund will be used to make payments to settlement Class Members, as well as cover attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses, a payment to the Class Representative and the costs associated with administering the settlement.  Natura will also reportedly stop promoting its pet food products as human grade, human quality, or as something that you would eat yourself.  To get a payment (of up to $200), settlement class members must submit a claim form by January 8, 2012.

http://classactionlawsuitsinthenews.com/class-action-settlements/natura-pet-products-class-action-settlement-of-innova-evo-california-natural-healthwise-mother-nature-karma-dog-or-cat-food-product-class-action-lawsuit/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 10:18:47 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Tasha

• Yapper
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 08:36:20 AM »
Do you think I should send original receipts, or would copies be okay?   :-\

cat3

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 08:59:56 AM »
It doesn't look like you actually need receipts though - here is a link to the actual form: http://www.petproductssettlement.com/utility/GetFile/ba709593-5d4e-4771-a358-3e3155bc2eeb

Of course, you could get up to $200, which could mean all you get is $0.01 or a certain amount worth in coupons for Natura products. 

LOL.  good point.  I actually still have an old expired can of innova in my car I keep meaning to throw away. I always keep cat food in my car in case I see a cat in need.  I wouldn't use the expired Innova of course, and that is why it is still there.

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »
why is it all the way to January 2011??
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »
I've been involved in two class action suits.  Can't remember what my personal loss was, but I received under 10 bucks-ish.  
Another one, my personal loss was over $1000.00...my settlement was under $40.00.  While it is good (at times) that companies pay for their wrong doings, the only ones that make any money (IMHO) are the attorneys.  
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org