Author Topic: Why Most Vets Still Sell Processed Food And Speak Against Raw  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
The pet food industry plot was uncovered a long time ago and based on the pages from Applied Veterinary Clinical Nutrition the industry giants are willingly disclosing that "processed pet food sales" are a big business. Andrea Fascetti and Sean Delaney state that "a vast majority of vetrinarians are forced by necessity to concurrently become buisness people."

The problem is that average veterinary practices earn up to $100K profit from processed food sales. In my opinion, this is the main reason raw food is not recommended by most vets while dog lovers rave about it.

I knew there were ties between Purina and Hills and vets.  I knew both companies have a HEAVY presence in vet schools.  I assumed there was a profit in pushing RX "foods" with inferior ingredients, but I had NO IDEA there was such a HIGH profit! 

http://peterdobias.com/blogs/blog/43720261-why-some-vets-still-sell-processed-food-and-speak-against-raw-diet
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:20:58 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Why Most Vets Still Sell Processed Food And Speak Against Raw
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 02:33:59 PM »
Yeah. But only one vet lectures me about raw feeding. The other 2 know I spend a lot of time supplementing raw meat with fruits, vegetables and other supplements like essential fatty acids from sources other than meat--just like the food companies, except mine are still live and haven't had the carp cooked out of them.

That one vet, well I hope she never decides to give a lecture when hubs is there. I still just give her my "I'll think about it. Thought over" look. April's lecture still hasn't left my head. "All the nutritionists I know hate that diet."  Ummm. . .yeah, and all the nutritionists you know are from those companies that are selling overpriced mierda.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Why Most Vets Still Sell Processed Food And Speak Against Raw
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
You are lucky that only one vet lectures you about raw.  Where I live... the norm is to push rx scam food. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: