Author Topic: What the Heck is "Dried Bakery Product"?????  (Read 471 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
What the Heck is "Dried Bakery Product"?????
« on: February 05, 2018, 12:35:29 PM »
HUH? Dried Bakery Product. That's a new one on me, but BilJac sure is using it. Plus, it's frozen kibble?

Chicken, Dried Bakery Product, Chicken By-Product Meal, Beef Liver, Chicken Liver, Dried Beet Pulp, Cane Molasses, Beef Tripe, Brewers Dried Yeast, Phosphoric Acid, Citric Acid, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Cellulose Gum, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Egg Product, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Inositol, Niacin Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Cobalt Proteinate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid.

Calorie Content (calculated): ME = 2427 kcal/kg; 366 kcal/cup

“The dried bakery product comprises a dehydrated mixture of waste products from the bakery industry, specifically, a mixture of raw dough (unprocessed) and baked dough (e.g., bread, cake, etc.). The product is about 85 to 90% gelatinized. The product is clean and stable, having been dried to a moisture of about 8 to 10%..” ~ google.com/patents/US5552176

Seen at: https://keepthetailwagging.com/bil-jac-has-a-frozen-food-but-is-it-raw/

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:38:32 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: What the Heck is "Dried Bakery Product"?????
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 09:33:55 PM »
Whatever it is/may be, I wouldn't feed it to my pet.  Bottom line:  it's grains/carbs.  They don't need it, at least, not in that form.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: