Author Topic: Rad Cat is ceasing production  (Read 6717 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Rad Cat is ceasing production
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 08:47:58 PM »
They have opened a fundraiser for the purpose of paying their debts and hoefuly starting back up. It's a shame the ones that owe THEM money won't pay up. I am convinced they were paid off by government and/or the PFI to withhold payments.

I've wondered the same thing myself.  Or, if not paid off, were they threatened by the government and/or PFI . . . "if you pay them, we'll make an announcement that your facility is in violation of x, y and z and shut YOU down."   >:(
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 08:52:01 PM »
I've wondered the same thing myself.  Or, if not paid off, were they threatened by the government and/or PFI . . . "if you pay them, we'll make an announcement that your facility is in violation of x, y and z and shut YOU down."   >:(

I know we sound like conspiracy nuts to some, BUT after all I have learned over the years... that SO wouldn't surprise me.  In fact, I would almost be willing to bet on it! 
The thing is... if they are successful keeping RadCat closed down, another small business will be next. 

RadCat has to win this one... for them, for the furkids, for EVERYONE. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 08:59:09 PM »
I know we sound like conspiracy nuts to some, BUT after all I have learned over the years... that SO wouldn't surprise me.  In fact, I would almost be willing to bet on it! 

As I once saw on a bumper sticker:  "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

The thing is... if they are successful keeping RadCat closed down, another small business will be next. 

Exactly.  If RadCat's competitors don't think it could happen to them, they are sadly mistaken.  They'll be the next targets.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 04:02:44 PM »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 07:11:17 PM »
I agree...  exposure is SERIOUSLY needed, before there are more casualties. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2018, 10:16:21 PM »
It worked for me, after I confirmed I wanted to go to the link/page.  Does this mean they may start up again?   fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2018, 01:04:11 PM »
It worked for me, after I confirmed I wanted to go to the link/page.  Does this mean they may start up again?   fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed

I SO hope so!!! 

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 05:42:57 PM »
Thanks Lola.

I do think they are looking at temporary options to get some product available.  So many people are really desperate over the loss of it.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2018, 05:24:55 PM »
Not sure how accurate this article is but it's good to see Rad Cat staying in the news.  Still hoping they find an investor who won't change the recipe or quality of the product.

http://www.petproductnews.com/News/Investors-Might-Revive-Shuttered-Raw-Pet-Food-Co/?fbclid=IwAR0Qnt9RgxP_fu8Pw2Ng5Wxj_z-oM792Vl-rqDvWwzQ_ZEmyolGHyPEn0BM

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2018, 05:35:41 PM »
From the link above:

Months after issuing a voluntary recall of more than 300 lots of food, Radagast Pet Food, the Portland, Ore.-based makers of Rad Cat Raw Diet, recently announced it was shuttering its doors. However, the company’s owners hope that a crowdsourcing campaign—and perhaps a new investment partner—will help get Radagast back on its feet.

The GoFundMe link:
https://www.gofundme.com/how-to-help-rad-cat-after-closure?fbclid=IwAR3gv7H1yq6D0sIVSMwR58LJldsN9NZy8Qpl5Ke3kUZ-D3jZLC7kGHunAfU

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2019, 09:45:10 AM »
Recent Update Snip:

As for an update on a possible investment partner to bring Rad Cat back strong as ever…we have had lots of contact from folks interested in investing which is wonderful.  We are currently communicating with a potential partner, but due to confidentiality we can’t say any more at this time. 

https://www.gofundme.com/how-to-help-rad-cat-after-closure?fbclid=IwAR3gv7H1yq6D0sIVSMwR58LJldsN9NZy8Qpl5Ke3kUZ-D3jZLC7kGHunAfU

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2019, 10:00:46 AM »
There's a post in the IBD group about Stella & Chewy coming out with a new, boneless, version of their frozen raw.  It will be medallions instead of nuggets I think. They posted a picture of what will be the packaging, but I in the ingredients list I didn't see a calcium source listed, not sure what S&C plan to use.  the person who posted it works for an independent pet health food store, is how they know about it.

Queen Eva still gets a little S&C every week. Usually one meal of Duck Duck Goose on Wednesday week and one meal of Rabbit on Sunday. Any more than that and she gets a bit constipated, it's too high in bone.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Rad Cat Update
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2020, 10:49:36 PM »
Here's the whole update, which is also on their website:  http://www.radfood.com/   The bolding is mine.

January 2, 2020

Hello Rad Folks!

We are so happy to be posting a long-awaited update on where things are in the Rad universe (yes, there actually is still a Rad universe!). Thank you to everyone that has continued to send us messages of encouragement and support – those are very meaningful to us and we appreciate them very, very much.

I know there are many of you that have wanted an update. It’s been a very strange year for us, full of ups and downs, but we have been able to spend time focusing on healing our hearts, minds and bodies, as well as winding down our company and unfortunately, having to take legal action against a handful of companies.  As unsavory as litigation is, it’s sometimes necessary.

As far as winding down Radagast, it’s been a very long and detailed legal process.  I know everyone has wanted Radagast to restart manufacturing and come right back, but it legally could not do this without completing the wind-down process. This decision was made to fully liquidate only after several attempts to find investment, and those fell through. Radagast was forced to move swiftly ahead with officially closing the business. The company couldn’t re-start, go on Shark Tank (like so many of you lovely people wanted to see so badly!), or just jump back in to manufacturing again. Winding down is a legal process that we had to follow to the letter.  Radagast is very close to completing that process, which we are thankful for.  Even though Radagast is soon to be no more, Rad Cat® still lives!  You will be hearing more about that soon…

To the Future…

While Radagast still has a little more to do winding down, we (Tracey and Janice) have been able to put our minds to new projects, both inside and outside the pet industry.  We also know that there are a great many CKD and IBD kitties that have had difficulties without their Rad Cat and we have some ideas percolating what we can do next to get those kitties some help!

We are greatly saddened to see what’s happening with the FDA, AAFCO (check out posts on Truth About Pet Food https://truthaboutpetfood.com/urgent-need-pet-owners-help/) and how FDA ‘guidances’ have forced so many raw food companies into HPP-ing all of their products.  The industry is changing and regulatory transparency is now a thing of the past, which is very frightening, especially since AAFCO has now closed their doors to pet food and consumer advocates and the public (or at least most of the public from our understanding).

That’s really all there is for an update at this time, but just know that we’re still kickin’ over here, we haven’t disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle, been abducted by aliens, etc.  We’ve just had to be patient with the process and look to the future and make some cool (aka Rad) plans, which we can’t wait to launch into (okay, maybe we’ve started just a little already…).  Things will be different, but they’ll still be Rad.

We wish everyone a wonderful New Year.  As always, please kiss your kitties for us and remember to feed your felines like the carnivores they are.®

We will update again when there is more news.

XOXO,

Tracey and Janice

Tags: