Author Topic: It makes me want to cry  (Read 14143 times)

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: It makes me want to cry
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 11:14:33 PM »
Speaking of advertisers and revenue, have to go OT because it's downright hysterical --

Major League Baseball had to crack down on Steroids in Baseball because of Baseball fan Senators like Jim Bunning taking the issue to the highest court because of juiced-up ballplayers breaking Babe & Hank's records; fans nationwide hating and booing Barry Bonds for blemishing "The Integrity of The Game of Baseball"  funny2

AROD of the Yankees was banned for this entire season over using Steroids -- in a sport which can afford to pay his astronomical salary due to the above measures taken because of all the fan-hate generated towards Barry Bonds  cryingfunny

The Washington Redskins have to change their offensive name, via Court Order, and all those diehard 'Skins fans have to go buy the new merchandise & garb to wear to the games  cryingfunny cryingfunny

Hey, give The People what they demand!!   thumbsup1 Only in America...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:23:10 PM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »
Thread is about wet vs dry and the lies vets tell. 
I think I'm confused.  What is it that you (CC) feel we (pet parents) should be doing?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2017, 02:18:43 AM »
When I start hearing about vegan and vegetarian-fed carnivore pets, PETA is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Here's their list with both vegetarian AND vegan options:

http://www.peta.org/living/companion-animals/companion-animal-food-guide/

Seriously? Those are diets for Carnivores?

Lots of those links are outdated at this point, but I'm familiar with some of the foods, and the really annoying thing is the way PETA tries to promote them as truly vegetarian or vegan options, when that is clearly not what the manufacturers intended.  I am not familiar with all those brands, but the ones I do know state quite plainly that these are not complete diets, and that you must add MEAT before serving.  People who take the trouble to read the instructions will discover this, but there will always be those who do not, because they see only what they want to see.  They will see the list and think they have defeated nature by finding a true "vegan" food for carnivores.   >:(

I have never been able to figure out what PETA is trying to accomplish, but it sure as heck doesn't have anything to do with healthier pets. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:20:30 AM by Catgirl64 »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2017, 08:39:06 AM »

I have never been able to figure out what PETA is trying to accomplish, but it sure as heck doesn't have anything to do with healthier pets. 

They're trying to make sure that no animal is ever eaten, worn, or bred. They're essentially trying to make sure that no animals other than humans inhabit the earth.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: