Non Species Specific Furkid Topics > Memorial & Support

I miss her

<< < (2/10) > >>

Lola:
Pookie,
First.... grouphug kisses3

Second...The person that now has Bonnie may be afraid you will ask for her back or something.  Maybe she just isn't the social type.  ??  There could be alllll kinds of sorta normal reasons. 

Hang in there!!

CarnivorousCritter:
IMO, this is pretty telling, Pookie -- Vet sounds insecure. 

--- Quote from: Pookie on April 20, 2012, 09:02:42 AM ---  About a month after I gave her up, the vet notified me that she'd had a seizure (that never happened with me, that I saw).  ... And I couldn't help but wonder if there was something in her new home that triggered it, because I look back and I don't think the vet took me seriously when I said there was something wrong with her.  I think, looking back, she thought I was over-reacting to the issues Bonnie had.  (I'm leaving a lot out here, or this would be a lot longer).

...I just wish I could feel more confident in this woman.   :(

--- End quote ---

Just a guess, but I'd bet that you saw things the vet didn't see initially and she knows that.  Vets have egos, too -- some far bigger than others and they handle it differently.   :(   
 grouphug grouphug grouphug

Pookie:
Thank you all.   heartbeatgif  thankyou1

Soooo . . . any suggestions as to how I come to terms with the fact that I apparently gave my little girl to someone who is either a jerk or has a large ego?     dramaqueen

I accept that I couldn't help my girl, and I honestly still don't know what I would have done if this vet hadn't offered to take her.  I'm having a hard time accepting that she may not have been/be getting the care I had hoped she would get when I gave her up.  It just seems like everything I did for her was a mistake, and turning her over to someone who apparently thought the problem was me just puts a big, fat bow on the mistakes I made where she was concerned.

P.S.  I couldn't get her back if I wanted to.  I signed something stating I no longer had any rights to her.   :(  They say time heals all wounds . . . I wonder . . .

Again, thanks.  You all are wonderful.  heartbeatgif  thankyou1

CarnivorousCritter:
Pookie  grouphug ,

Probably both, jerk and large ego, but at least she's Holistic therefore more advanced.  

--- Quote ---I'm having a hard time accepting that she may not have been/be getting the care I had hoped she would get when I gave her up.
--- End quote ---

What I've noticed with people in general anymore -- don't matter who it is -- if you ask if water is wet, not gonna get a mere "yes" or "no" in response.  Believe this is a case of her being evasive, to avoid being second-guessed.  Not that you would have given reason for that -- just human nature as her ego is probably trumping all.   Especially if she is aware that you are a client who "has a clue" about things in general.  Most vets are used to dealing with pet owners who are totally in the dark regarding everything. I smell "intimidated" (for lack of a better word right now). JMHO.  

You left her in the care of a Holisitc Veterinarian, ego or no ego.  You really cannot should not fault yourself in any way, shape or form for that.   kissyou    

Lola:
You don't know FOR SURE that Bonnie isn't getting awesome care.  Imagine her being spoiled rotten by a somewhat aloof owner.  ;) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version