Author Topic: Pookie's Birthday (Friday)  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Pookie's Birthday (Friday)
« on: May 19, 2016, 07:32:44 PM »
This is a tough one... do I mention it or not?

Not sure if the day will suck for you (Pookie's Mom), or if you will find it a good day to reflect back on all the wonderful times/memories. 
 HeadButt
 PookieLove
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Pookie's Birthday
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 07:33:26 PM »
 :-* :-* :-* HeadButt HeadButt HeadButt
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Pookie's Birthday (Friday)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:59:45 PM »
 grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 09:55:18 PM »
You know, I'm ashamed to say I forgot.   :-[  It hasn't clicked in my head that it's already mid/late May.  Thank you all for thinking of him, and me!   :-* :-* HeadButt HeadButt

You know, I wonder if that's why I've been thinking of him a bit more the last couple of days.  Unfortunately, the memory has been more of his last morning with me.   :'(  The house feels so . . . empty . . . without him here.  There's no sense of another being in the house.  I tell myself I'll be with him again someday.  I don't know if it helps.

Tomorrow is also his sister's birthday.  I hope I made the right decision in giving her up, and I'd like to think that she's getting much better care than I could give her.  I saw the vet I gave her to a couple of years ago and she told me that Bonnie (aka Sweetie Girl) sleeps in the vet's mom's bed.  For some reason, I felt a weight lift off of me when she said that.

Happy (early) [13th] Birthday, Pookie and Bonnie.  Mommy still loves you.  heartbeatgif PookieLove CatPurr shadow1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 12:52:04 AM »
Pookie's birthday was put on the calendar automatically when you joined the forum... and completed the birthday info.  Just explaining why his birthday is there and not Bonnie's.  Anyway...I added Bonnie to the calendar.  If you would rather I not, let me know.  It can be removed as easily as it was added. 

You didn't forget Pookie and Bonnie's birthday... I was a day early!  :)

I know your cat parenting circumstances are up in the air right now, but have you considered being a foster parent? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 10:44:10 AM »
Pookie's birthday was put on the calendar automatically when you joined the forum... and completed the birthday info.  Just explaining why his birthday is there and not Bonnie's.  Anyway...I added Bonnie to the calendar.  If you would rather I not, let me know.  It can be removed as easily as it was added. 

You didn't forget Pookie and Bonnie's birthday... I was a day early!  :)

I know your cat parenting circumstances are up in the air right now, but have you considered being a foster parent? 

Thanks for adding Bonnie!  You didn't need to explain - I hadn't really noticed.

As for fostering, I don't think it's fair to bring an animal into my home, foster or otherwise, until I'm working and know what my schedule will be.  Besides, I'm still bouncing between my home and my parents' and usually stay overnight there.  It does . . . simplify things to not have rush home to feed a hungry kitty.  Not to mention, if I foster . . . I'd probably end up wanted to adopt the kitty instead of letting someone else get it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 10:45:51 AM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: