Author Topic: That New Chevy Impala Commercial  (Read 2452 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
That New Chevy Impala Commercial
« on: June 16, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
From now on when I see new cars like this Impala, I'm going to give them plenty of room WAAAAAAAAAAAAY behind me!

Can you say, "Distracted drivers?"

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: That New Chevy Impala Commercial
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:35:24 PM »
Good grief.  Is that even legal?  That's no different than texting while driving.

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 10:53:35 PM »
 Doh1 Doh1 groangif Doh1 Doh1
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 12:20:18 AM »
WOW.  I have a GPS thingie and it makes me swear :) that I'm not driving, when I'm entering info. 

I remember when "they" said that x amount of car accidents happen when a person is changing their radio station... can't imagine what the stats will be for the new Chevy Impala!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 11:44:38 AM »
Such is the digital world. I'll admit, I installed a DVD player in my truck in 2008... I sold it and went back to the stock radio in 2010 because not only was it a distraction, it was more difficult to work with than a standard radio. Also drove me crazy that you had to extend the 6" screen just to see any info - it had no external display to show time or anything. Now I hear about all these cars with built-in navigation, DVD players, this, that, and everything else and it just makes me more cautious as I'm driving around... Not because I'm a bad driver, but because I don't trust anyone else to be a GOOD driver lol.
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 12:10:50 PM »
Now I hear about all these cars with built-in navigation, DVD players, this, that, and everything else and it just makes me more cautious as I'm driving around... Not because I'm a bad driver, but because I don't trust anyone else to be a GOOD driver lol.

Here in TN it's illegal to text and drive. I don't see why it's not illegal for them to talk on their phones too! After all, it's a known fact that having too many people in the car yakking is a distraction--that's why we have a graduated-license for young drivers here. From 16-17, they can have only one passenger in the car unless it's parents.

If I were a parent of young kids today, I'd have one of those things in the cars that scrambles phones & other tech equipment. Even if it also scrambles GPS units (and I don't know that it does), they have no business going so far from home that they need a GPS.

I'm waiting for the police to get a new kind of radar that points out moving cars that have phones being used. It's coming, and you know it is.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 12:14:19 PM »
If the call is important enough, they'll either leave me a message or call back so many times that I'll pull off the road to answer it. Texts, can DEFINITELY wait. No call is worth my (or worse, someone elses) life.

I will admit to a terrible habit of filming while driving tho lol
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »
If the call is important enough, they'll either leave me a message or call back so many times that I'll pull off the road to answer it. Texts, can DEFINITELY wait. No call is worth my (or worse, someone elses) life.

I will admit to a terrible habit of filming while driving tho lol

LOL. I won't touch any of it--and everyone that knows me and has my number knows it too. I'll call back as soon as I find a place to stop at, but I won't answer it at all when I'm driving.

I answered it ONCE. When I hung up and had almost gotten to where I was going, I realized that I didn't remember a thing about my drive. It's a wonder I didn't kill someone. I've never answered it again.

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 02:22:37 PM »
Yep.. That's what woke me up. Talking to a friend and couldn't remember if I'd stopped at lights, signs, or even what turns I took. Granted I knew the route, but that's no excuse for tuning it all out for a call.

The camera thing wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been driving a standard truck. LOL - it's sad too, because in my auto truck, I have a camera mount specifically so I don't have to hold it. A little backwards I think party1
Brandon

Tags: