Author Topic: Mazy cat's arthritis  (Read 50008 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Mazy cat's arthritis
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2016, 11:36:16 PM »
multistars multistars multistars multistars multistars
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2016, 07:10:59 PM »
She's moving so much faster, I didn't realize until now how realy slow she'd gotten.  I mean I knew she was slowed down, heaven knows I worried over it constantly, but..my goodness, she's just zipping around now! Well, relatively speaking.

last night she did lie on my chest for about 10 minutes.  It took her 5 minutes to decide she was going to try to settle there, and then she did.

Still no Statue Cat.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2016, 08:10:41 PM »
Still no Statue Cat.

Give it time.  GoodVibes  Hug1 FlowersGif

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2016, 05:13:15 AM »
STATUE CAT!!!!!!  I thought I saw her sitting upright the other day but wasn't sure, but this morning I am sure. I took a pic but she started to move just as I snapped it.  But we have Statue Cat sitting again!!!!  I am weeping with joy!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2016, 07:36:41 AM »
multistars multistars multistars multistars multistars

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2016, 10:04:01 AM »
  BanWooHoo bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild BanWooHoo
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2016, 03:34:02 AM »
Yay!!!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2016, 05:08:12 PM »
I meant to tell you... your post made me take a look at all my cats.  Make sure they all can "statue" sit.  Thanks... I probably would NEVER have thought of it, if it weren't for you. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2016, 05:18:06 PM »
I meant to tell you... your post made me take a look at all my cats.  Make sure they all can "statue" sit.  Thanks... I probably would NEVER have thought of it, if it weren't for you. 

Hug1 Hug1 Hug1

She's only done it the one time (for sure and possibly another), so far.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2016, 08:24:16 AM »
Lola statue.  Tell Mazy to get to doing the same! 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2016, 06:04:53 PM »
Lola statue.  Tell Mazy to get to doing the same! 

Beautiful! A Ture Statue Cat!  I also call that the Perfect Cat Pose, but she isn't quite there, her tail should be curled around her feet for that.

Anyway, today Mazy cat has been observed to be sitting normally, and this time I saw her from both saides so I know if for sure.  She is also not only singing with her toys downstairs but I am starting to find them brought up the stairs again.

here are the pics I took to mark her being back to a full sitting position, not quite statue cat because she is not sitting tall like Lola is, but she IS sitting normally.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2016, 07:45:33 PM »
It makes me sad that my vet is missing out on all this.  I've lost faith in her because of her prejudice against raw feeding, and I know her prejudice has changed the way she views me and my knowledge and care of my cats. I feel very discouraged about it.  In previous days I would have been on the phone with her weekly reporting progress. She doesn't even know how bad Mazy cat was suffering.  When I brought it up last year she kind of blew me off saying she "didn't think there was much problem yet" or something like that.

I might have tried harder to keep the lines of communication open but they no longer have voice mail for the vets, and the vets do not have private (as in between client and vet only) e mail accounts.

There is NO way to contact the vets in that clinic now except to call and ask that the vet call you back, which is useless to me as I am at work during the day and can't talk then.  Or send an email to the general address and ask that the vet be shown it.

And of course, non of this is on record in Mazy cat's records.  She can't be examined properly anyway without being knocked out, so maybe it doesn't matter anyway.

I have never yet seen the x rays that were taken when she was under for her dental last summer. I wonder if I can get those e mailed to me. Not that I would know what I was looking at.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2016, 08:57:45 PM »
It makes me sad that my vet is missing out on all this.  I've lost faith in her because of her prejudice against raw feeding, and I know her prejudice has changed the way she views me and my knowledge and care of my cats. I feel very discouraged about it.  In previous days I would have been on the phone with her weekly reporting progress. She doesn't even know how bad Mazy cat was suffering.  When I brought it up last year she kind of blew me off saying she "didn't think there was much problem yet" or something like that.

We know that the boys don't have any problem "yet," but they're being tried on a life-long joint supplementation to see if it makes a difference in old age. It won't hurt them, so their vet is curious about what I'm doing too. I just can't imagine having a vet that wasn't interested. I'm so sorry for what you have to deal with from that front.

I might have tried harder to keep the lines of communication open but they no longer have voice mail for the vets, and the vets do not have private (as in between client and vet only) e mail accounts.

There is NO way to contact the vets in that clinic now except to call and ask that the vet call you back, which is useless to me as I am at work during the day and can't talk then.  Or send an email to the general address and ask that the vet be shown it.

I've had to play phone-tag before. It IS kind of irritating.

And of course, non of this is on record in Mazy cat's records.  She can't be examined properly anyway without being knocked out, so maybe it doesn't matter anyway.

I can't imagine it not being important enough to document.

I have never yet seen the x rays that were taken when she was under for her dental last summer. I wonder if I can get those e mailed to me. Not that I would know what I was looking at.

I've never had a dog get x-rays and not be shown them to have what mattered pointed out to me. NEVER. Even in the emergency hospital, they show the x-rays as soon as they've got them. It DOES matter for a pet's human to understand things like this no matter if they find something wrong or not. That's what I'd call lax veterinary medicine.

I really wish you could find someone else for your sake.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2016, 06:02:14 AM »
I haven't seen the x rays because Mazy cat hasn't been back since they were taken last summer.  Vet just said "everything looks good".

I am going to try the other woman vet in the practice for Jennie and Queen Eva and sound her out on her beliefs regarding raw feeding.  I've seen her only once, for an emergency with Queen Eva.   I liked her but was concentrating on Queen Eva, not looking for a new vet, at the time.

If I like her opinions I'll see how she does with Mazy cat.

This business of making it so difficult to contact your actual vet is really bothersome.  I have complained about it numerous times. I get no real response though except that I can call and ask for the vet to call me or e mail and ask that the vet be shown the e mail.  It's ridiculous.  I have no idea why they've made these stupid changes. Probably because they are the only decent clinic locally, and they know it. Or they used to be.  I am no longer so enamored, obviously, but the other clinic in town is a chop shop for kitty toes and I will not step foot in there.

The vets are staff vets.  The owner of the practice really only does dogs.

On to better things -next post.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2016, 06:10:57 AM »
Last night during Bed Time Games Mazy cat kept doing her come hither dance toward the stairs.  I knew she didn't have to pee or poop so at first I couldn't figure out what she wanted and kept trying to play a different Game with her.  She would take a swipe or two at the stick then go back to the stairs.  Finally it dawned on me that SHE WANTED TO PLAY HER RED DOT GAME DOWNSTAIRS!!!!!!!

I got the Red Dot and she practically danced for joy before hurrying down.  She played with great energy wiggling and pouncing and running.  I stopped the Game before she did, after about 5 minutes. I was afraid she would hurt herself running so much all at once.

But.  SHE WAS RUNNING. And jumping!

PS 2 hours later  Mazy cat is definitely stiffer this morning from her running last night.  I'm glad I stopped it when I did.

Tags: