Author Topic: Symplex-F  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Symplex-F
« on: January 07, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »
Treating Urinary Incontinence
The cause of your pet's urinary incontinence should always dictate what treatment she receives. If there's an underlying disease process or structural abnormality causing the problem, it can be corrected through medical or surgical management.

If your pet is diagnosed with hormone-induced urinary incontinence, I strongly recommend you try to treat the problem naturally. Some of the drugs used to treat urinary incontinence, specifically DES, are potentially toxic, with side effects that in my opinion are not worth the risk.

I successfully treat cases of hormone-induced urinary incontinence with glandular therapy, including Standard Process glandulars – Symplex-F for female dogs and Symplex-M for male dogs. I also use natural, biologically appropriate (which means non-synthetic) hormone replacement therapy.

Synthetic hormone replacement drugs can cause some of the same problems in female dogs as they do in women who take them. Natural plant-based hormone therapy is compounded for your pet's specific hormone imbalances based on sex hormone blood test results.

I also use a few excellent herbal remedies, including corn silk, lemon balm, and horse tail. There are some great nutraceuticals specifically formulated to help with incontinence. I also frequently use acupuncture to stimulate the pudendal nerve. And chiropractic can do a great job keeping the central nervous system working appropriately.

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2013/01/07/urinary-fecal-incontinence.aspx?e_cid=20130107_PetsNL_art_1

Thoughts?

Sparky has always had an incontinence problem.  It is hit and miss.  A vet (not our current vet) told me she is fine physically... it was because she was spayed at a very young age.  We aren't the ones that had her spayed, so don't know how young she was. 
I was thinking of asking our current vet about Symplex-F, but the odds are he would be more apt to lean towards one of the medications mentioned. 

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:15:32 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Symplex-F
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 04:48:59 PM »
I ordered it and got it.  Just trying to decide now...

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »
I just now saw this post, months late.

Since you've had time to try it, has it helped?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 12:45:26 AM »
No.

Tags: