Author Topic: Truth About Pet Food  (Read 16361 times)

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Re: Truth About Pet Food
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2012, 06:36:35 PM »
http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articles/feedback-to-fda-on-pet-food-safety-video.html  snippet
During the AAFCO meeting the FDA previewed a pet food safety video.  The following is the feedback I sent to Eric Nelson of FDA on the video.  

You should know - that FDA's Eric M. Nelson (Center for Veterinary Medicine, Division of Compliance, Director) was very friendly and very willing to put up with my endless questions during the AAFCO meeting.  It is my intention to maintain this open dialogue with him/FDA.

After the video was previewed, Eric Nelson asked for input to be sent to him.  The following was my input and was emailed Saturday 1/21/2112

Now for the bad news.  The video that was previewed...I have many thoughts -

If left as is, I can assure you it will anger many pet parents.  They won't just be upset, they will be downright angry; justifiably so.  If you doubt this, I'd challenge you to do a one or two day preview of the video on my website and you can read the comments as they come in - it won't be pretty
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2012, 10:49:23 AM »
Are posted links disabled on TAPF?  I can see, & click, on them.  :-\

Don't check often, but back in December I had posted this in the comments. I know that comments are screened/reviewed now, and also posted a chunk of the catsfur post under its link:  

....Vomiting, diarrhea and maggots!!  http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/ralston.html

And from
http://www.catster.com/forums/Food_and_Nutrition/thread/729051

There was one response:  :-\

Wait a sec....with all due respect to your incredibly sad losses ....and with appreciation for even posting ... what brand of cat food were the cats being fed in California and Ohio?   This could be incredibly important to another owner feeding the same brands!  ... it still could be a brand of food with ingredients that are not compatible with a cat's digestive system.  Certainly the loss of these cats must point to a commonality. Please let people know!

It says Ralston right in the link title. Figured it was self-explanatory -- and even if not, if I make it too "easy" saying Purina, the post gets skipped altogether anyway ...  Doh1

I know the object is to "tease", make it intriguing enough for someone to click to see allllllllllllllllllllll those stories but seriously, are people really this helpless anymore?

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:52:26 AM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2012, 12:20:27 PM »
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter