Author Topic: Mazy cat has started the Denosyl again  (Read 950 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Mazy cat has started the Denosyl again
« on: January 01, 2018, 05:40:39 PM »
She went on it for one month last spring, because of elevated ALT.  Her ALt was 123, high normal is 100.  This time, in November her ALT was only 105, but still "high".

After one month on it the ALT went back down to 98. Her ALT has jumped around a bit over the years from upper 40s to high 90s, so there doens't seem to be any pattern.

Vet prescribed a month of Denosyl and retest.

However I waited until now to start the Denosyl because I didn't want to have to rush her back to the vet so soon for retesting.  I had told the vet I wanted to do it this way, and then keep her on it two months, before the retest and she said okay. So she'll be retested in late February or early March, which gives her a 3 1/2 month break between vet visits.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: Mazy cat has started the Denosyl again
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »
 love1

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 05:47:13 AM »
Every time I pill Mazy cat I think about how when I adopted her from the shelter, I never dreamed I'd be able to pill her.  But she is accepting her denosyl as a matter of course.  Denosyl is "supposed to" be given on an empty stomach with an hour wait after, before a meal.  This is not possible in my real life. I already spend every waking moment working around getting enough food into her and enough fasting period to help motility.

So she gets it at lunch.  Her stomach is empty at lunch time, she gets her pill and it is washed down with 0.4 oz of food. Then her next meal is not until 2 1/2-3 hours later.

The last time she took it I had reduced her lunch portion to 0.25 oz and added the extra 0.15 oz into her other meals, but while it may not seem like much to add in to other meals, it did create some extra work and staying up too late (not to mention reducing her fasting period).  So I'm trying it this way this time.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 12:12:06 PM »
I opted to skip the denosyl today.  She had Rescue Remedy in her lunch to help her cope with being shut in the bathroom and hearing scary noises and voices when the delivery comes.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 05:22:52 PM »
One week on the denosyl.  No problems with it.  She accepts the pilling, and clearly her body is accepting of the denosyl.

Tags: