Author Topic: Natures Menu recalls raw product  (Read 1115 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Natures Menu recalls raw product
« on: December 02, 2016, 06:30:03 PM »
http://www.petbusinessworld.co.uk/news/feed/natures-menu-recalls-raw-product

Raw pet food manufacturer Natures Menu has recalled one batch of its Country Hunter 80% Farm Reared Turkey with Wholesome Fruit and Veg 1kg frozen raw food because the product contains salmonella, which could cause food poisoning in humans.

The raw pet food manufacturer said the Food Standards Agency picked up on this in Norway and asked Natures Menu to ‘check with retailers if they have stock from this batch as a matter of precaution’.

Craig Taylor, managing director of Natures Menu, said the company had delivered thousands of packs since September and it was unlikely the product  was still in stores as it had a use by date of December 13, ‘but we are supporting the FSA and their request as you would expect’.

The recalled product carries the batch code 13122017.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Natures Menu recalls raw product
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 07:01:14 PM »
  frozen raw food because the product contains salmonella, which could cause food poisoning in humans.

I don't know about anyone else, but I handle raw pet food the same as raw meat for human consumption. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Natures Menu recalls raw product
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 07:05:53 PM »
I think all of us here do. Even if it weren't raw, I'd be careful with it as many salmonella and listeria recalls of kibble that there have been.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: natures menu recall