Author Topic: BBC’s Trust Me I’m A Vet -- A let down  (Read 1026 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
BBC’s Trust Me I’m A Vet -- A let down
« on: May 25, 2017, 04:57:07 PM »
BBC’s Trust Me I’m A Vet – informative educational television let down by poor scientific technique

The first series of Trust Me I’m A Vet on BBC2 was anticipated with hopeful curiosity by vets and pet owners. With the BBC’s reputation for good quality science, and the direct input of vets in practice working closely the UK veterinary schools, this was an exciting opportunity to spread good quality information about pets and veterinary science.

This type of prime time public education has the potential to make a serious difference to people’s knowledge about animals and so consequently to improve the quality of care that pets get from their owners.

So after the three episodes that made up the first series, did the programme live up to expectations?

Read more from Dr Pete Wedderburn BVM&S CertVR MRCVSDr at:
https://vethelpdirect.com/vetblog/2017/05/22/bbcs-trust-me-im-a-vet-let-down-by-poor-scientific-technique/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: