Author Topic: So you're thinking about getting a dog  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: So you're thinking about getting a dog
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 11:56:22 AM »
UPDATE:  My co-worker hadn't shared any more dog-drama lately, and yesterday I finally asked him how the puppy was doing, since the last I'd heard, they were keeping him.  They found him another home after all.  He does still have the crate and toys, etc., and has been hoping to sell them so he can get some of his money back.  I suggested he just donate them to a shelter.

P.S.  I get *major* points for not smacking him through the phone when he spoke about getting some of his money back.

He did say the new owner has sent him pics and the puppy is very happy there, since the owner works from home and has another small dog.  So he's never lonely, which was one of the issues my co-worker had.  Puppy always wanted to be with him.

*SIGH*
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 03:35:05 PM »
bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
Did the guy hear your eyes rolling to the back of your head? 

The flip side is... THANK GOODNESS the dog is with someone that WANTED to commit to having a dog!!!!  Not someone looking for a designer-be-seen-and-not-heard dog. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: