Author Topic: Mazy cat's arthritis  (Read 50072 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Mazy cat's arthritis
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »

Tonight Mazy cat bunny kicked her Yeeow tomato! Not as violently as she used to, but she did use her hind feet for the first time in weeks.

AWESOME news! 

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2016, 10:14:13 PM »
Tonight Mazy cat bunny kicked her Yeeow tomato! Not as violently as she used to, but she did use her hind feet for the first time in weeks.

multistars multistars multistars multistars multistars
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2016, 06:37:39 PM »
She really feels the weather changes.  She's gotten more and more subdued and not wanting to move as the day went on.  I wondered about it until I checked the weather and saw we have a storm coming in late tonight/early morning.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2016, 10:38:20 PM »
She really feels the weather changes.  She's gotten more and more subdued and not wanting to move as the day went on.  I wondered about it until I checked the weather and saw we have a storm coming in late tonight/early morning.

:(  GoodVibes grouphug

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2016, 06:45:04 PM »
Very playful last night.  Nothing vigorous but we found some fun Games that satisfied her while not hurting her.  She only did one kick with the hind leg and the tomato.

She doesn't want to play tonight. She has enjoyed watching Queen Eva's New Game though.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2016, 04:58:00 AM »
Haf an hour after I wrote that she DID want to play. bananamiddlechild

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2016, 06:44:47 PM »
Mazy cat has been on the GLM 20 days with a couple of missed days (due to regurgitation)

Her improvements as reported in this thread are inconsistent.  One day she might jump from floor to chair to table, but that's the only time, the rest of the time she wants to be lifted.  But she's back in her Crow's Nest which I am very happy to see.  For about  2 weeks when the arthritis was at it's worst, she wasn't getting in there at all. I don't know if it's because she couldn't climb in by way of the scratching part like she usually does (she CAN access it from the couch if she wants) or if because once she's in it she can't get down out of it, or if it just wasn't comfortable being in it.  But she is back in it again, anyway.

Last night after I went to bed I heard her singing..haven't heard that in AGES.  When she is singing like that it means she is downstairs carrying one of her special toys in her mouth.

I do find myself wondering if, on the days when she does things like get up to the table on her own, those are days she is getting the benefit of Reiki.

She still will tease both Jennie and Queen Eva. She doesn't like them going after her because they can be too rough, but it doesn't stop her from giving it back on her own terms. Queen Eva tries to be gentle but still sometimes forgets, and I suspect sometimes she just feels rebellious.

It is difficult for her, I do understand she is used to being able to have rough Tumble Games with Mazy cat.  I remember back when Tolly was 6 and Ootay and Bibbs were 14 + and getting too old to rough house with him. Though their Games were never quite as rough.  That's when I got Mazy cat, to play with Tolly.  She settled right into the Job, but OH my she was rough!  Tolly had to toughen up in a real hurry then, he was used to playing with old ladies!  he did toughen up though and developed some muscles he'd never had before.

He was always so so gentle with Ootay when she got old and fragile though.  I keep reminding Queen Eva how to do that with Mazy cat.

Tolly's been n my mind a lot today.  Not sure why but considering the way my thoughts were rambling just now (getting Mazy cat for Tolly) I am here and now reminding you Tolly that there will be no more cats, so don't think about sending anyone for Queen Eva!  She can just play with me and get Jennie riled up when she needs more activity.

Mazy cat is also on for a Game every night.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2016, 12:09:04 PM »
  Last night after I went to bed I heard her singing..haven't heard that in AGES.  When she is singing like that it means she is downstairs carrying one of her special toys in her mouth.

I absolutely LOVE hearing the cats sing! 

I am here and now reminding you Tolly that there will be no more cats, so don't think about sending anyone for Queen Eva! 

Never say never....    Silly7
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2016, 01:34:59 PM »
I absolutely LOVE hearing the cats sing! 

Never say never....    Silly7

Now technically I did not say "never".. I said "No more".  Silly7

I have more updates on Mazy cat, but not just now.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2016, 07:36:05 AM »
Did I say singing? Last night again with the singing! And this time it was more like shouting! Shouting for JOY that she felt well enough to play her old Solitaire Game, is what it sounded like to me!

After she was quiet Jennie got up and started singing with her toy.  It was a lively song filled night.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2016, 03:43:06 PM »
Maybe you could teach them a lullabye to sing you to sleep?   Silly7

So glad to hear Mazy's been feeling good enough to sing!   thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2016, 05:22:44 PM »
I get purring lullabies.  HeadButt

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2016, 06:13:48 PM »
I wanted to show the difference in two days.  The first picture shows how she was sitting on December 8. The second picture shows how she was sitting 2 days later, December 10th.

Today she didn't sit at all, she slept on the heating pad all day.  She always does that on Sunday. :)

I am excited for the day she sits normally again.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2016, 04:34:15 PM »
Her route from the top of the perch to a meal used to be: jump down to the book shelf, leap across the opening between the book case and the stairway half wall, trot along the wall, then leap from the wall to the sewing machine, and thus to the table.

She hasn't done that in over a month.

Today she has done it twice, at lunch time, and tonight for her pre-meal. I actually didn't let her leap from the half wall to the sewing machine, I lifted her over.  I was afraid it was too far and she would hurt herself, then never try again.

She did this again tonight (first time since November 30) but this time SHE MADE THE JUMP!   I only caught it out of the corner of my eye.

I've noticed the last few days she is moving much more quickly, and I called her for her second half of her premeal without looking, then turned  expecting to see her slowly and carefully lower herself from the top of the tower, to the chair, to the step,  to the floor and over to me along the floor, instead she was already mid leap across the wall to the, landed and was at her Meal Spot before I even realized what I was seeing!

Still sitting like the 2nd picture above though. It's so strange how she can do all those twists and turns in the tunnel and Crow's Nest and floor, on her back and all, but cannot sit in the Statue Position.

But she's TROTTING more instead of walking.  Tonight she GREETED ME AT THE DOOR.

I can't even begin to tel you how much relief I feel to know she is feeling better. 24 days on the GLM. Regular Reiki. (probably once a day)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2016, 08:28:12 PM »

I can't even begin to tel you how much relief I feel to know she is feeling better. 24 days on the GLM. Regular Reiki. (probably once a day)

bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild BanWooHoo bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: