Author Topic: Rescue Remedy does it again!  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Rescue Remedy does it again!
« on: April 03, 2016, 07:26:50 AM »
My sister came to visit yesterday.  She hasn't been here in at least five years, since Queen Eva was a baby.  Mazy cat hides, even when it's someone she knows well, so to help alleviate her stress I gave her four drops of Rescue Remedy in her meal about a half hour before Sister got her.

The results were very dramatic.  Not only did Mazy cat not hide away, even with initial knock on the door, she was all over my sister, head bumping, purring,  trilling, getting petted, and even, when Sister took a wand toy to play with Queen Eva, Mazy cat barged in and took over the Game!

Incidentally, my sister couldn't get enough of their coats.  She had her hand in a cat's coat the entire time she was in my house almost.  Even when we were eating lunch she kept reaching for a cat.  She kept marveling over their softness.  She did feel obliged to say 'Not that I wouldn't expect your cats to be healthy and well groomed...but their coats are incredible!"  I said smugly "it's the raw diet".

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Rescue Remedy does it again!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 09:18:32 AM »
That's wonderful you had a good visit with her! Does she have cats too? If so, you might have another convert!

A lot of people don't believe me, but elephants aren't the only animals with long memories. If an animal met someone in the past (and liked them), they'll remember them in the future. Maybe Mazy really liked her before?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 09:44:22 AM »
It doesn't mater if Mazy cat ever liked someone or not.  She hides, for everyone. She hides when she hears the car door slam closed and footsteps on the walk.  Before she even knows who it is. But she didn't, she didn't even spook when my sister knocked on the door!

And, even people she's familiar with, it takes her ages to come out from her Safe Spot, and she never EVER plays or loves up to anyone.  Ever.

At least, not until I started using Rescue Remedy for days I have visitors (which is about once in any given six month period)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 09:53:09 AM »
Well that's great that you found something that works for you!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 10:04:25 AM »
Works for her you mean. :) Thank you Dee, I think so too!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 11:14:17 AM »
 thumbsup1

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 11:18:58 AM »
That's wonderful you had a good visit with her! Does she have cats too? If so, you might have another convert!

Forgot to answer this part.  No pets.  Their cats have been gone for at least 10 years and their dog left them about 3 years ago.  They don't intend to have any more pets in the near future.  But she probably knows many people with pets and she won't be shy about telling them about my girls and their extraordinary coats!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 12:04:52 PM »
 love1 love1 love1

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »
I didn't get results with any of mine when I used it, BUT I only gave 2 drops.  That could explain it! 
Glad Mazy and your sister enjoyed each other's company.  :) 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 07:06:44 PM »
I didn't get results with any of mine when I used it, BUT I only gave 2 drops.  That could explain it! 
Glad Mazy and your sister enjoyed each other's company.  :) 

What were you using it for and what results were you watching for?

Obviously it won't work for every cat. And also, not every cat needs it.  I am just so grateful it helps Mazy cat.  I use it very sparingly.  Vet visits and company.  I only have company about nce every 3 months.  If that.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 03:29:52 AM »
The times I can remember...
I gave it to Jenkins.  I was hoping to mellow him out long enough for me to catch him, so I could take him to the vet. 
I gave it to everyone (Lacy dog included) for a noisy holiday... 4th of July or New Years.  Also, have given it to Lacy for vet and/or nail trim visits. 

Looking at the bottle I have on hand (not the original bottle I purchased), the directions say 4 drops.  I'm not sure where I got 2 drops.  Maybe something I read here:  (?) http://bachflowerpets.com

Being the paranoid type, and wondering about the same amount suggested... whether the pet weighs 10 pounds or 50... it would be the norm for me to lean towards a lessor amount.  I'm willing to bet human error.   Silly7

BTW I have taken the human version, and found it effective in VERY stressful situations.  It took enough of the edge off for me not to blow! 

Did you only have to give it to Mazy one time... and it lasted for hours? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 04:50:59 AM »
Did you only have to give it to Mazy one time... and it lasted for hours?

Yes, only one dose per situation. I can't really say how long the calming effect lasts.  The vet trips aren't more than an hour usually from leaving to getting back.  Visitors don't stay longer than a few hours generally speaking, my sister was here from noon until 4:00 and we left for about 2 hours for our hike. My friend usually stays 5 hours, but I don't usually use it for Mazy cat when she comes, because Mazy cat knows her.  She does hide at first though, so maybe I should.

All those times you've used it...well it may be the dose was too small, or it may be it helped them more than you realized, or it may be it had no effect. Heh. How helpful am I hahaha!

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 10:10:17 PM »
I used the Rescue Remedy today when my friend D came over for our dinner and a movie day.  Mazy cat was curled up on the couch when she got here.  Normally if not the sound of footsteps coming around the walkway, the knock on the door will send Mazy cat to her safe spot.  Mazy cat didn't budge.  D knocked on the door and came in calling hello.  Mazy cat lifted her head and listened.  D came up the stairs, Mazy cat watched her, then put her head down and went back to her nap.  In fact she never moved the whole entire time D was here.  Woke up stretched and purred now and then, sat up to eat a meal (I fed her where she was), but was completely relaxed all day long.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 09:30:17 PM »
 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1  That's pawsome!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: