Author Topic: The Shopkick App  (Read 2384 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
The Shopkick App
« on: August 17, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »
http://www.floppycats.com/the-shopkick-app-an-opportunity-to-get-free-cat-food-and-cat-litter.html

Floppycats says that you can rack up points to spend (just by scanning things in stores--not buying) for catfood and litter. I guess it would work too for dogs or anything else.

I don't have a smartphone to try it though, so thought some of you might want to try it.

At the Apple store, it says it's free:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shopkick/id383298204?mt=8 So I'm going to just assume it's free for Android as well.

Hey, money's money, and it's so much better when you get it for free!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: The Shopkick App
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »
Sounds interesting...

The Shopkick App is certainly a new technological application designed for those of us looking to get the most out of our money. It works like this: you sign up, and rack up points called “kicks.” To get these “kicks,” all you have to do is walk into your favorite store with your smartphone (which has the Shopkick App on it, of course). That’s right – you don’t even have to purchase anything to get these points. This app essentially rewards you for going to places you would already be visiting with or without it (stores include Old Navy, Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, and more). If you do decide to purchase something, you’ll receive even more kicks once you link your credit/debit card with your app account.

Why does a credit/debit card have to be linked though? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: The Shopkick App
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
Sounds interesting...

Why does a credit/debit card have to be linked though? 

I'm not sure. Like I said, I don't have a "smartphone" to try it with. If it requires it BEFORE you ever do anything, I'd not use it.

If it only requires it for getting more points AFTER you've bought something, then I'd go ahead and use it, but never tell it I purchased anything to get more points. You might lose out on some points, but hey.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: