Author Topic: Costco is selling $6,000 doomsday-prepper food kits that can feed a family of 4  (Read 676 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Costco is selling $6,000 doomsday-prepper food kits that can feed a family of 4 for a year

The most expensive kit, at $5,999.99, contains 600 cans of food and can feed four people for a year, based on a per-person diet of 2,000 calories a day. The cheapest kit, at $999.99, contains 96 cans and can feed one person for a year on a diet of 1,200 calories per day.

"Enjoy the comfort in knowing you have the essential foods your family will need to survive an emergency or natural disaster!" Costco says on its website.

http://www.businessinsider.com/costco-emergency-food-kits-for-doomsday-preppers-last-25-years-2018-3
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Don't want the neighborhood to know you're stocking up for the apocalypse?

Costco notes that the food is "packaged discreetly for privacy in shipping."

But the packages are huge, weighing about 1,800 pounds, according to one customer who reviewed the product on Costco's website.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
Well, I'm not buying groceries for four years funny2
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Well, I'm not buying groceries for four years funny2

Putting it that way, it sounds pretty good.  I hate grocery shopping!  Not shopping for years, sounds like a great idea.  Silly7
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
Last time SO went WITH a list and charged cell phone he brought a 40 pound bag of basmati because it was on sale. We are set for domesday. Did anyone mention furries? We are good for about 30 days. Considering the crazy weather here I turned into somewhat of a pantry rat but four years of cans - I pass. Someone has bee reading Heinlein:)

Tags: