Author Topic: Pets And Sleep Deprivation...  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Pets And Sleep Deprivation...
« on: November 04, 2011, 12:44:29 PM »
I had last night off, so I stayed awake all day...assuming I would get a good night's sleep.  Great plan, except...

Lucy usually sleeps at the bottom of the bed. HOWEVER, when she comes and goes, she finds it necessary to jump OVER my head to reach her destination on or off the bed.  It startles me every time...and I think she knows it and loves doing it.

Lola sleeps near my feet.  I move around a lot in my sleep.  When I disrupt Lola's sleep, she finds it necessary to bite my toes.  

Arrows has to sleep snuggled to me as close to possible.  He positions himself in the bend of my knees or...ON my back, if I'm sleeping on my stomach.  He is a fairly big boy.

Lucky's night time activity involves emptying out most of the dresser drawers.  If she finds something she is fond of, she takes it to son's room...all the while "screaming" at the top of her lungs.  

Leonard doesn't care what is going on around him.  

Lilly usually sleeps on the top of the headboard, or close to hubby.  They sleep inches away from me, yet are totally in their own world!

Roxy prefers one of the many cat beds/trees... in other rooms.  

Sparky sleeps quietly in her crate, with another member of the household.  (Sparky and the felines aren't fond of each other.)

Lacy sleeps on dog bed or stuffs herself into a too small cat bed.  

Most of the above activity only goes on if I am home at night.  I'm not going to lock anyone out of the room.  I have no desire to train anyone.  I have floor seats to a nightly 3-ring circus.  :)

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Re: Pets And Sleep Deprivation...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »
Mikey is the only one that is allowed in my room at night.  He hisses and attacks me if I accidentally kick him when I am sleeping.  If he doesn't want me to kick him, maybe he should not sleep at the foot of the bed Doh1 

Rodent is in my room, but sleeps in his dog crate.  He doesn't have it bad in there at all...I wish I had a hammock to sleep in!  He stays asleep all night, and comes out super ready for breakfast.  You'd think he wasn't fed if you saw him attack his food in the morning.

Morey, Mitch, and Malachi also sleep in a super huge dog crate.  Again, they don't mind it, in fact I'd say the enjoy playing "king of the hammock" all night ::)  They seem to rotate who has the hammock at night so each of them gets a turn.  That is, if Malachi doesn't get impatient and just sleep on top of Morey in the hammock.  They have a pillowcase filled with stuffing to sleep on below the hammock as well.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Pets And Sleep Deprivation...
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
If he doesn't want me to kick him, maybe he should not sleep at the foot of the bed Doh1 

Lola doesn't seem to understand that theory either. 

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: