Author Topic: Dinner Guest...  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Dinner Guest...
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 03:09:08 PM »
New table and chairs were delivered today.  I took several pictures.  None of my pictures do the table and chairs justice. You will have to get the idea from her pictures I posted earlier in the thread.

I have been pricing tables and chairs for awhile.  Buying online and her LOW prices made me a bit nervous.  To explain... Can't exactly get a feel for quality looking at pictures.  Plus, I was thinking if her prices are so much lower then anything I have seen, whether handcrafted or off the assembly line, is the quality going to stink?  Hubby and I convinced ourselves... at the very least, we will have a nice outside picnic table.  :)

OH.MY.GOSH! We were VERY pleasantly surprised! The stain is perfect.  A good mix of light and medium browns.  The table and chairs are beefy, sturdy, solid, etc.  Simple, but not boring.  The workmanship is out of this world! 

I THINK the term is "rustic."  If any of it gets scratches or whatever, it will add charm...not ruin anything. 

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 06:34:23 PM »
Pictures! Bad or good does not matter! Not a good time now but if you want I will type the story of our table which is now you know what.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 07:32:05 PM »
Who is "her"?

So glad you like them!

I agree with threestep, pictures are needed.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2018, 09:37:29 PM »
OH.MY.GOSH! We were VERY pleasantly surprised! The stain is perfect.  A good mix of light and medium browns.  The table and chairs are beefy, sturdy, solid, etc.  Simple, but not boring.  The workmanship is out of this world! 

That's wonderful!  I'm so glad you both are happy with them.  And just to make it unanimous:

withoutpictures      :D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2018, 10:36:55 AM »
I didn't want to post pictures because the workmanship is SO much better in person.  Better then I am able to capture.  The one chair isn't black, like it looks in picture.  None of it is as dark as it looks. 
BTW "she" is the lady that made the table and chairs.
The table is 90" long and 48" wide.  It can easily fit 10, but we opted for 8 chairs.  A bench or benches was also an option.  Benches look cool, but not practical for our family parties. 
There is no center leg (or whatever it is called) under the table linking the outside "legs" together for sturdiness.   It is VERY sturdy without.  That is a huge plus.  No ramming body parts into a middle piece.
Also the frame under the table top only hangs down about 2 inches.  (You can't see it in picture) Another huge plus.  We don't hit our knees on it. 
An area rug would really look nice, but I don't do area rugs.  More to clean.  Silly7
Since we allow our cats to go where they want... a centerpiece or runner isn't an option either. 
PS The seller apparently doesn't take good pictures either, because we weren't expecting it to be as nice as it is.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:50:08 AM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 12:15:20 PM »
Very nice!  And apparently the cats like it, too!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 02:16:32 PM »
Cat approved - what more can you ask for. Very nice. Congratulations - you will get a lot of wear and memories out of it.

Tags: