Author Topic: Boycotting Subway (ConVick News)  (Read 1926 times)

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Boycotting Subway (ConVick News)
« on: July 03, 2011, 09:19:11 PM »
Our old nemesis ConVick is in the news again and this time is "awarded" another stupid award in conjunction with another stupid product.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/boycott-subway-until-michael-vick-gives-his-bet-award-back/

The member of the third rate NFL Phila. Pigeons has also been renewed with N ike, another scumbag outfit who could choose almost ANY athlete to promote the stuff.

soapboxgif Sick of hearing the 'second chance' carp. PLENTY of great athletes have not been breaking laws ALL their lives/careers and we get this scumbag shoved down our throats?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Boycotting Subway (ConVick News)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 09:34:52 PM »
Sick of hearing the 'second chance' carp. PLENTY of great athletes have not been breaking laws ALL their lives/careers and we get this scumbag shoved down our throats?

Boy you said it.  I hope everyone who signed the petition really WILL boycott Subway. It just frustrates me to no end that this evil sicko is so "honored" adored, venerated.   I don't see how anyone who read the details of what he did can have anything but contempt or disgust for him.  Skilled athletes are a dime a dozen,  why would any company want their name associated with that disgusting <word that rhymes with vick>

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 10:33:51 PM »
"Just re-do it"? Nike's gamble on Michael Vick

Snip

(CBS News)  NFL star quarterback Michael Vick, who served 21-months in jail for his involvement in a dog fighting ring, has been given a big money endorsement deal by Nike. As you can imagine, not everyone is happy about it.
CBS News correspondent Tony Guida reports that the controversial move was a calculated gamble on the part of Nike, whose motto has always been, "Just do it."

By giving Vick another endorsement deal 4 years after sacking him in the wake of an ugly dog-fighting scandal, Nike proved it likes living on the edge.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/02/eveningnews/main20076432.shtml
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Kittymom4

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 12:37:14 AM »
There is no Subway, Nike or Anything made by Hershey in my house!  Why Hersey?  Because when Convick had his second rate show on BET they were avid supporters financially of said show.  There was a  huge list of all the companies that put money into the show and many pulled out after an out cry from their consumer base (such as Loreal or Revlon - can't remember which) but Hershey's said no-go we support "the man!

Being that I am from Virginia Beach I am soooo sick of hearing about that looser!  He is everywhere down here.  :( Schmuck.  Though I'm proud thee are other "crazies" that don't support products that support Mike Vick.  Beginning to think I was the only one left.  Some things don't get second chances. 

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 01:50:08 AM »
There is no Subway, Nike or Anything made by Hershey in my house!  Why Hersey?  Because when Convick had his second rate show on BET they were avid supporters financially of said show. ...

Good to know!  Hershey must be desperate for any consumers because it came out a few years ago how carpy their product has become because they started using carpier (cheaper) ingredients. I use to love the kisses and won't even eat those anymore.  (That junk made my teeth hurt anyway when other chocolates don't!)