Author Topic: Michelle Duggar announces she's pregnant with #20  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Michelle Duggar announces she's pregnant with #20
« on: November 08, 2011, 02:15:49 PM »
I've seen some prettttty heated arguments about this family, so I thought I'd bring the subject here.  Change of pace from yapping about furkids.   ;D

From what I understand, the parents support the family financially...even before the TV show.
I come from a large family.  Nothing close to the amount as the Duggars though!  It was normal to do a LOT chores around the house, help with siblings, etc.  I don't, personally, have a problem with the Duggar kids having to do the same...on a much larger scale.  
None of the Duggar kids seem to be hoodlums.  They must be doing something right.
The last pregnancy had issues...could have happened to anyone.

Why do so many people get so worked up about these people having, more than the "norm," amount of kids?  I truly am curious.

http://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/08/8684372-20-kids-and-counting-michelle-duggar-announces-shes-pregnant-again#.TrksN1wZbuw.twitter
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:22:54 PM by Lola, Reason: fixed typo »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Michelle Duggar announces she's pregnant with #20
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »
Thought I'd update this...

Dear Friends,

On behalf of the whole Duggar Family we would like to thank everyone for their prayers, emails and outpouring of love. We discovered during a routine 19-week ultrasound that our 20th child, who was due in April 2012, passed away recently. As our whole family is grieving, we also know that God promises to work all things for good in our lives. We rest in knowing, that even though our child has departed this life that we will one day see each other again in heaven.

Our prayer is that baby Duggar’s passing will help us all realize that this life is short, and our relationship with Jesus is the most important thing. He gives us a peace in our hearts as He guides us through whatever we might face.

We love you,
Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar & Family
Romans 8:28

http://www.duggarfamily.com/

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:14:45 PM »
As long as they are, like you say, living off themselves rather than the system (government, welfare) or their TV show (while I have heard of the family, I didn't realize they had a TV show lol), I don't have anything against that number of kids... I just think after a while childbirth for the mom would get old is all...

Although my mom does joke all the time that me, being her first child, never wanted to come out (I literally had to be pulled out), my brother nearly shot across the room and was really easy funny2
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 07:16:24 PM by AK49BWL »
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 08:21:32 PM »
my brother nearly shot across the room and was really easy funny2

Don't ever say that in a crowded room of women.  lol

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 08:51:14 PM »
haha, I'm just quoting my mom on that one.
Brandon

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 01:01:33 AM »
I can think of several reasons people would get upset about this, though I knew next to nothing about this woman before this post.

The world as a whole is extremely overpopulated, and there are so many kids out there that need loving families that it is ridiculous. This next one depends on how old the kids are and how many of them are still in the house, but it takes a lot to raise a child, and not just financially. Children need a lot of time and attention, and I could see concern as to whether or not that many children can get enough time and attention from their parents as being a valid.

Tags: