Author Topic: Well Walmart (sucks) Got Scammed. . .Bigtime  (Read 1372 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Well Walmart (sucks) Got Scammed. . .Bigtime
« on: November 18, 2014, 07:37:09 PM »
BUT because of this, a lot of honest people using honest price matches are liable to be refused.

http://kotaku.com/people-are-scamming-Walmart-with-bogus-cheap-ps4-listin-1660150939

Don't cry for Walmart (sucks), though. Cry for price-matching. "We're committed to providing low prices every day," reads the Walmart (sucks) website. "On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we'll match it. Right at the register."

They're probably going to tweak that policy soon. Last weekend, some lucky shoppers got their hands on $60 Wii U and 3DS bundles by asking Walmart (sucks) to price-match what turned out to be a glitch on Sears' website. And now, more devious shoppers have come up with a different scam to get PS4s: fake Amazon listings.

It's a simple process. First, someone sets up a bogus third-party retail listing on Amazon that will claim to sell PS4s for super-cheap, like, say, $90:

You know it's hard to get some things like links to work when (sucks) is being thrown in for you?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:58:24 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Well Walmart (sucks) (sucks) Got Scammed. . .Bigtime
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 11:38:42 AM »
I was reading some of the comments, after the thieves posted pictures of their "goods."  The majority didn't seem to think that KNOWINGLY scamming the above mentioned company, ToysRus, BestBuy, etc was stealing or even slightly unethical. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:01:20 PM »
That's what we get in our entitlement society where kids have been given everything on earth without doing a minute's work. They expect things to be given to them, and if it's not, well they'll take it anyway.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:40:35 PM »
In the old days, it used to be the younger generation ...of whatever generation was speaking.  Now it is kids and adults of all ages.  IMHO of course.  :)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »
I think a lot of that mentality has exploded with the last 2 generations though. It's just sad that SOME people are like this, and they screw up other things for other people.

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 05:50:40 PM »
You know, I was taught this lesson by my dad one day:

My dad has a few pizza restaurants in my home town and in my high school years I was accustomed to dropping in for a pizza/sandwich/salad and coke on my own without paying for it.  As the boss's daughter, it was one of those "understood" things.  One day, I dropped in with a few friends and asked for a pizza and pitcher of coke for everyone.  This is when my dad took me aside and explained that even when I got my free lunches, it actually still cost him money.  Somebody always pays.  He took care of us that one time, but I never asked for it again.

Throughout the years, I've met kids that had successful parents who never learned that lesson.  Those kids (my age, lol) always seemed to have expectations that things were just going to be handed to them.  I'm glad my dad took the time to encourage me to earn my own money, and respect those who worked for theirs as well.

It may seem like a big joke to "stick it to the corporations", but those companies are still made up of people who work for their money.  That loss is not going to hit the pockets of the big wigs, it's going to get passed back to the consumer... you and me and everyone else.  Somebody always pays.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:56:57 PM by FurMonster Mom »
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »
It may seem like a big joke to "stick it to the corporations", but those companies are still made up of people who work for their money.  That loss is not going to hit the pockets of the big wigs, it's going to get passed back to the consumer... you and me and everyone else.  Somebody always pays.

You're completely right there as far as the Walmart workers go. Every year, workers (I'm not sure if its full-time only or not) get a bonus (how much based on a chart of several things), and the bonuses everyone gets are based on how much their particular store earned that year. Theft of any sort isn't only taking away from the corporation's bank account, it's taking money straight out of the workers' pockets.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Well Walmart (sucks) Got Scammed. . .Bigtime
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 10:02:59 AM »
I would be VERY surprised if Wal-Mart employees get any kind of bonus.  Management yes. 

FMM,
Good story.  Good example.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Well Walmart (sucks) Got Scammed. . .Bigtime
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 10:06:36 AM »
Then be surprised. I know cashiers that get bonuses every year. At least they do here in TN.

Depending on the size and location of the store, sometimes they get more than management in smaller, more rural stores.

Like I said, I'm not sure about part-timers, but I know for a fact that full-timers get bonuses.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:10:40 AM by DeeDee »

Tags: