Author Topic: October 20 - Lucy's 9th Birthday  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
October 20 - Lucy's 9th Birthday
« on: October 16, 2013, 06:14:58 PM »
I was just talking about her last night at work.  Someone asked me how old she was now.  She was young... left all alone in my work parking lot.... crying her eyes out in the dark.  I scooped her up, left work, dropped her off at home, and went back to work.  Left hubby a note saying... "The cat in the spare room, that looks like Leonard...only smaller... is our newest addition."  At the time, we only had Lucky and Leonard...no dogs. 

Lucy is a scream.  When she wants something, she wants it NOW.  She will shred paper (always something important...I think she can read.), knock things off of counters or shelves, etc. to get my attention.  My favorite story is... I was using the computer one day.  She was sitting on the desk next to me.  We were "talking."  She wanted lunch.  It isn't time...I tell her.  We have a discussion.  She doesn't like my answer... she hit me upside the head!  Hard to believe a 10 pound cat can pack such a punch.  lol

We give our pets birthdays, according to how old the vet thinks they are, on their first vet visit. 

Lucy being introduced to Leonard, once she got a clean bill of health.  We didn't go the slow introduction route.  Leonard didn't have a mean bone in his body.

All grown up.  Posing for the camera!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:17:26 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: October 20 - Lucy's 9th Birthday
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 06:31:56 PM »
Wow! They look like they could have come from the same litter--except Leonard had some tan color in his stripes and I don't see it in hers.

Pretty cat!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: October 20 - Lucy's 9th Birthday
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:41:07 PM »
"They" said children grow up fast, but so do the furkids!  Wow, does time fly. 

Lucy has just a little tan coloring around her face. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: