Author Topic: Natures Logic  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Natures Logic
« on: December 11, 2015, 12:42:13 PM »
Natures Logic claims to not add any synthetic vitamins of minerals. So how would the natural occuring vitamins and minerals withstand the heat process of cooking their foods?
http://natureslogic.com/
They must add Taurine to the cat food as it is listed, but it is not listed in the dog food. Though same ingredients I believe in both canned cat and dog canned.
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Natures Logic
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 12:56:41 PM »
Dogs manufacturer taurine from the food they eat, so taurine is often not added, or not enough (for cats) added to dog food.  Cats cannot manufacture their own taurine. This is one of the reasons cats should never be fed dog food.

As for the "natural vitamins and minerals...added after the food is processed?  I don't know how it works, really, if it even does.  Sigh.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 05:10:18 PM »
The Myth Behind “Natural” Claims

Okay, you say to yourself; my pet’s food or supplement is not synthetic, because the label says “natural,” right?

The sad truth is that food and supplement manufacturers can use the word “natural” on the label even if only 10 percent of the ingredients in the product come from natural food sources!

In other words, up to 90 percent of the ingredients in the “natural” food or supplement you are giving your pet actually could be synthetic!

From: http://blog.olewousa.com/the-naked-truth-about-natural-vs-synthetic-vitamins-for-dogs/

Of course, that's from a place with a product to sell, so it could be taken with a grain of salt too.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 12:54:42 AM »
Dogs manufacturer taurine from the food they eat, so taurine is often not added, or not enough (for cats) added to dog food.  Cats cannot manufacture their own taurine. This is one of the reasons cats should never be fed dog food
I understand that MC. I was just wondering if they are saying that their foods do not contain synthetic things then why is the Taurine listed? this would be synthetic and it is added after the cooking process. Sorry its late if I dont make sense lol!

"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 11:39:38 AM »
I think I would go with the assumption that DeeDee posted.  "The sad truth is that food and supplement manufacturers can use the word “natural” on the label even if only 10 percent of the ingredients in the product come from natural food sources!"
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 01:33:16 PM »
I think I would go with the assumption that DeeDee posted.  "The sad truth is that food and supplement manufacturers can use the word “natural” on the label even if only 10 percent of the ingredients in the product come from natural food sources!"

Agreed, I suspect that's the situation here, too.   :(
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »
I understand that MC. I was just wondering if they are saying that their foods do not contain synthetic things then why is the Taurine listed? this would be synthetic and it is added after the cooking process. Sorry its late if I dont make sense lol!

I thought you did and wondered if I was misunderstanding, but I posted just in case.  HeadButt

Tags: